• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Portal Watch

Ackos

Husker Fan
20 Year Member
And so it begins:

Quinn Mason (P)
Tyler Palmer (OF)
Jack Steil INF
Leighton Banjoff Inf
Ethan Bradford P
Braxton Bragg P
Tyler Martin P
Kyler Randazzo INF

Do we know whether these are coming after coaches have discussed the future in individual meetings.

Yes, so far it's 2 (1 wants to be closer to home) wanting to play elsewhere and everyone else, not having a spot back. Frank is undecided too and I believe distance is weighing hard for him.

Here's what I shared in a different thread:

There's good discussion and insight in that thread going back a page or 2.

I'll remind people, we signed 17 guys to step on campus this fall. That's a damn strong message to a lot of guys on the 2022 team so don't believe everything you hear or read. ;)

Last edited:

The portal is going to be a fact of life for most sports. People need to understand and come to grips with it.

Last edited:
Nick Wimmers in the portal. Thoughts, @BW22SM?

Well, he had the yips this season and wasn't able to overcome it. I'm pretty sure this was a mutual decision as I heard a week or two ago he's looking for a D2 program to transfer to. Not sure why it took it so long to announce his transfer. The portal is brutal this off-season because some schools aren't allowing more than 35 on their roster and there's still a +1 season for covid guys.

Pretty sure we're still looking to add from the portal. MOF, I'm confident of that. We want to get older, which is why we signed so many JUCO guys.

Nebraska has now lost nearly half the pitching staff. That is going to be very tough to overcome.

Nebraska has now lost nearly half the pitching staff. That is going to be very tough to overcome.

We lost around 60% of innings pitched from 2021, including our Friday & Saturday starters plus All American closer, and we were still top 3 in the B1G and respectful nationally in 2022.

So far, we've lost 1 guy (Frank) that we wanted back. Around 60% of innings pitched in 2022 return for the 2023 season, from eligible players.

Last edited:
He's in the portal. We need to land a couple portal guys on the bump as we're too young.
Was disappointed in the Frank decision. I get those who aren't playing, or performed poorly and the future didn't look good. But this guy got opportunities, did well, and is a Midwesterner. Who knows what went on with it, but this is the only eyebrow-raiser at this point to me.

Was disappointed in the Frank decision. I get those who aren't playing, or performed poorly and the future didn't look good. But this guy got opportunities, did well, and is a Midwesterner. Who knows what went on with it, but this is the only eyebrow-raiser at this point to me.

Distance played the biggest factor, it took a toll on the family. Fully anticipate him to play closer to home. Yes, I'm with you it's disappointing but nothing we can do but wish him the best.

Cam Chick tweeted out he changed his mind and is looking for a home in 2023.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back