• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Portal QB's for the Huskers to consider

Slovis in the portal for the second time as well.

It reminds me of free agency, which I guess is good for the player, but I'm not sure this us what folks had in mind when this was implemented.
Any idea why Trevs plane is in Aurora so often recently?

Any idea why Trevs plane is in Aurora so often recently?
I don't see anything for Aurora but there has been activity in Scottsbluff, Ainsworth Regional and Norfolk, but I think thoese were all recent in state trips for Rhule. Im not from Nebraska so I don't know where Aurora is in relation to those places, but if it's near one of them, it was likely Rhule recruiting.

EDIT- Blair and Valentine as well.

Last edited:
I don't see anything for Aurora but there has been activity in Scottsbluff, Ainsworth Regional and Norfolk, but I think thoese were all recent in state trips for Rhule. Im not from Nebraska so I don't know where Aurora is in relation to those places, but if it's near one of them, it was likely Rhule recruiting.

EDIT- Blair and Valentine as well.
Aurora CO

This musical players crap caused from NIL is really starting to dampen my interest in college football. I'm sure it's fine for lots of college football fans but as the old Steve Miller tune says "Take the Money and Run" is getting very annoying to me.

I'm not sure of the rules, but I thought they could only portal once unless graduate transfer. Any transfers after the first one, they had to sit out a year.

I'm not sure of the rules, but I thought they could only portal once unless graduate transfer. Any transfers after the first one, they had to sit out a year.

That is basically true. Everyone now gets one free transfer exception. After that you sit a year (unless the transfer was before the rule was changed). There is a waiver process if someone wants to transfer a second time.

DI Council adjusts transfer waiver guidelines​

Rule applies to those who don’t qualify for one-time exception​

The Division I Council approved new waiver guidelines for student-athletes who aren’t eligible for the one-time transfer exception adopted last month. The new guidelines would apply to anyone who doesn’t meet the criteria for the one-time transfer exception, including students wishing to transfer a second time.
The new guidelines will take effect for student-athletes in January 2022, for those who would be requesting a transfer waiver to compete immediately in 2022-23. Current guidelines will apply for student-athletes seeking a waiver to compete in 2021-22.
In order to compete immediately after a second transfer, a student must meet either the current education-impacting disability guideline or an updated guideline that addresses a “real and imminent health and safety” threat.
The disability guideline requires the transferring student to provide documentation showing that the student-athlete needs support services and/or treatment that was unavailable or inadequate at the previous school but available at the school to which they are transferring.
The health and safety guideline requires schools to provide timely, objective documentation demonstrating that the transfer was due to unique, extenuating and extraordinary circumstances outside the student’s control and caused by an imminent threat to the student’s health or safety.
“These guidelines provide an opportunity for student-athletes with the greatest need to transfer and compete immediately,” said Working Group on Transfers chair and Council vice chair Jon Steinbrecher, commissioner of the Mid-American Conference. “The delayed effective date is the fairest way to accommodate student-athletes who entered the Transfer Portal with the current waiver guidelines in place.”
The current postgraduate transfer waiver process remains in place, and the working group will continue to examine the most appropriate way to address student-athletes who have transferred, graduate and wish to continue their eligibility at another school.

This musical players crap caused from NIL is really starting to dampen my interest in college football. I'm sure it's fine for lots of college football fans but as the old Steve Miller tune says "Take the Money and Run" is getting very annoying to me.
I agree.

There needs to be incentives in the NIL rules for staying put.

For instance, if you transfer, you can play right away but you can't collect NIL money for a year, or something like that.

Slovis in the portal for the second time as well.

It reminds me of free agency, which I guess is good for the player, but I'm not sure this us what folks had in mind when this was implemented.
I really don't think it's good for the player longterm.

How many guys are going to piss away a chance at a great CFB career and a chance at the NFL because they bounced around chasing NIL money and never got developed properly?

I agree.

For instance, if you transfer, you can play right away but you can't collect NIL money for a year, or something like that.
If I owned a company and was signing a NIL contract with an athlete it would include some key clauses:
1. Morality Clause - Refund all funds received and no additional funds to be paid
2. You represent my company and the value is in you being at this school for 4 years (waiver if they go pro). If you should leave you would be required to refund 50% of what you have been paid up to the announcement and you will be paid nothing more.
3. I would consider performance related clauses, i.e. you get additional funds if you start a minimum of X games and participate in X plays for the year (some waiver for injuries included)
4. Probably additional ones if I thought about it more than 5 seconds. Also, I'm not sure of any limitations on the contracts imposed by the NCAA, the school, or the government.

Just my two cents....

Poor planning, development, and recruiting? This was all true of the last staff but in this instance most kids aren't willing to wait especially if they believe they can start somewhere else. This is really true for quarterbacks. A lot of those kids have been told they are the man since they were in 8th grade and so sitting on the bench is not an option and honestly a lot of this could be parent driven.

I'm all for the portal. I think athletes should have the ability to move without sitting out but this kind of roster turnover and impatience by the payers is what we, as fans, are going to have to deal with. There are supposedly "penalties" for other schools recruiting kids who are on scholarship at others schools but you have to believe that crap is going on across the country. Hopefully, in the next couple of years the NCAA (or a new governing body) can get this figured with some controls put in place so it doesn't look like the wild west.
The current free agent version of the portal has to go. Mark Emmert has destroyed college football.

I agree.

I certainly empathize with that view, but I don't think it would be legal. The Supreme Court ruled that limiting compensation for athletes violates anti-trust law, which is why we have NIL. Penalizing athletes financially for not sticking with their current teams seems like it would also violate anti-trust law.

Aurora CO
You got me- how do you know he's been going there? You can PM me if you don't want to say publicly. I only track the planes I think they use, but there may be others obviously.

EDIT- I actually do see some flights to Centennial form a plane they use recently, so that could be what you are referirng to. As for who/why? Hell if I know.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back