• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Portal QB's for the Huskers to consider

Ringo

Red Shirt
5 Year Member
I hope that Casey stays.
We still need some competition at that spot. Plenty of options already. I don't know a ton about these guys but Leary was a stud last year and injured this season. Only has one year left though.

Devin Leary at NC State, Notre Dame’s Drew Pyne, Haynes King of Texas A&M, Oklahoma’s Nick Evers, Virginia’s Brennan Armstrong and Phil Jurkovec of Boston College.

Don't forget Hudson Card. I bet ND goes after him pretty hard

Yep.

Card just entered the portal today. He's a very good QB -- who just happens be behind Ewers and next month, Manning (two elite 5-star QBs). Card was a 4-star QB coming out of high school (Lake Travis, Austin). He's shown good ability in limited playing time at UT. 1,523 passing yards, 66% completions, 11 TDs to 2 INTs. Card was actually a dual threat coming out of high school, but hasn't been utilized much in the run game at UT.

Hudson Card is going to be a solid get for some team.

Last edited:

You probably can't bring Card here if Thompson is staying. He left UT in large part because of Card
Casey is a good kid and a stand-up guy who didn’t get to show his best stuff due to the limitations he faced at NU. But my guess is that the new staff will try their best to bring in a new qb or two. If Casey is afraid of competition - especially from someone he has encountered in the past - then perhaps everyone would be well-served to have him move on.

That being said, Card won’t be coming to Nebraska…

Last edited:

I hope that Casey stays.
We still need some competition at that spot. Plenty of options already. I don't know a ton about these guys but Leary was a stud last year and injured this season. Only has one year left though.

Devin Leary at NC State, Notre Dame’s Drew Pyne, Haynes King of Texas A&M, Oklahoma’s Nick Evers, Virginia’s Brennan Armstrong and Phil Jurkovec of Boston College.
QB is one of the most important positions on a football team. Why do we have to go the the portal every year to fill holes on the depth chart? Poor planning, development, and recruiting?

We should be 2-3 deep at QB.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back