• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Pork Loin Roast

Squatchsker

All American
15 Year Member
So we processed 2 whole loins this weekend and one of them instead of freezing we decided to do a bag marinate. Kind of like the pre-seasoned ones you see in the market.

2 Lb roast.
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp liquid smoke.
2 tbsp EV Olive Oil
Couple of good shakes of cajun seasoning
1 tbsp of minced garlic
Coule of good shakes of black pepper.

After sealing it I rubbed it and shook it to insure the spices got all around. Looks like good.

I plan on searing it in a HOT pan all around then putting it on the grill to finsh on low heat.

I will let you know this weekend how it turned out as it is sealed and resting in the refrigerator.

Sounds good, while camping this summer I cooked one over the fire covered. Put seasoning/Honey Whiskey and a beer. Then finished it off over the fire. Turned out great very tender, not dry and great flavor. Took a while but time went fast with the Honey Whiskey in hand! Good Luck!

I will give you a picture. 3 days to go and that baby is going to light up my life. It will give me hope, to carry on. IMG-20120815-00047.jpg

Success. I will post a pic of when I was searing the sides. Had a little accident with the hot oil right after so my willingness to take pics kinda went away. My left hand is polka-dotted today. But, the roast was freaking fantabulous.

I have recovered. On to the next.........cleaning out the garage this week, so there probably wont be anything special for awhile.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back