• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Porcher decommits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunate for the Huskers as our current D-line class looks like it just dried up, but I think Coach Parrella will land who he needs to land in the end. Kudos to RP4 for the heads up so now we can recover with plenty of time until signing day. This kid will be successful wherever he goes.

Best of luck to him. Wished he would have committed. There's still time to change your mind Robert.

I had high hopes for Porcher, and sorry to see him go. But I appreciate how he handled it, and wish him well.

Waits until the dead period? Odd...

A "little" better than Josh Freeman sending Bill Callahan a short text over the dead period saying he wasn't going to Nebraska. :thumbsup:

At least he gave a decent explanation of his thought process.

Last edited:
Just curious. does this put parella on the hot seat?
His seat is definitely warm, but that is just because he might have to play if he doesn't find a complement of talented players on the trail this cycle. Brutal.

The worst part about this is how it underscores the thing Nebraska has least control over -- distance from home. Some kids can do it. Many cannot. Tough all around.

Funny my kids want to get as far away as possible. They still like me and all they just want to go away from home and grow. Hope the kid does well in life but he was never a husker so whatever.

Nothing positive to take from that other than he at least gave a worthwhile explanation. Poor timing, but it is what it is.

When was the last time we went and visited him? I'm sure our coaches knew before he put it on twitter but first day of the dead period announcing this? Come on. That leaves some scrambling and I assume all of our face to face talks with DL were done assuming he was part of the class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back