• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Popular Mechanics: The Top 25 College Football Stadiums (Huskers Top The List)

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
Some real surprises including Ivy League Schools. I think they did a great job and not just because Nebraska is #1.

1 Memorial Stadium, Nebraska

an-aerial-view-of-the-university-of-nebraska-cornhuskers-news-photo-83766574-1532440623.jpg

Get wowed by the 2013 expansion that offered Big Red faithful a new towering brick façade, while creating a new corridor and a three-story glass window that displays historic domed Gate 20 in the original exterior. The remodel uses the original exterior as an interior wall.

The "Sea of Red" has now grown to around 85,000, which famously qualifies the stadium as the third-largest city in Nebraska anytime the Cornhuskers take the field. Memorial Stadium creates one of the country’s most canyon-like bowls for a steep seating rake.

I've only been to maybe a dozen college stadiums, but Nebraska (obviously prejudice) was my favorite. The old Big 8 stadiums had some real losers in the mix. Kind of surprised to see Folsom in there. Take it out of the view of the Flatirons and it is or at least was a turd. Left Colorado before CSU build their new stadium, but I'd like to go back to see a game there. Old Hughes Stadium was a clunker as well.

I've only been to maybe a dozen college stadiums, but Nebraska (obviously prejudice) was my favorite. The old Big 8 stadiums had some real losers in the mix. Kind of surprised to see Folsom in there. Take it out of the view of the Flatirons and it is or at least was a turd. Left Colorado before CSU build their new stadium, but I'd like to go back to see a game there. Old Hughes Stadium was a clunker as well.

Jack Trice on a cold, windy afternoon was one of the worst.

Jack Trice on a cold, windy afternoon was one of the worst.

Absolutely. KSU's stadium sucked, Okie State's stadium pre-T Boone was a turd too. Come to think of it, I didn't care much for KU's, Missouri's or Oklahoma's.

Maybe it's just me.

If you sit in the top half of the east side of CU's stadium the view of the very beautiful campus and flatirons and the foothills is gorgeous, imo. That's not just about the football, of course, but the same could be said of lots of the stadiums on the list.

All that said, this list is very accurate in having Memorial #1. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I've been to a few stadiums. Would like to visit more. Those I've been to:

Nebraska
Michigan
Georgia
Clemson
Florida State
North Carolina
NC State
Wake Forest
And a few other small schools

Nebraska's Memorial Stadium is right up with the best of them but it's difficult to truly rank them. Opponent, time of day, and the course of the season all play a factor.

Michel Stadium at West Point is absolutely breathtaking it's an outstanding atmosphere when filled with cadets.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back