• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Pop-up Ads on Every Page

SierraRed

I'm pretty good at drinking beer
5 Year Member
Literally every page I go to, I get 2 pop-up ads. I get the need for advertising, but being bombarded like this really impacts my opinion of the site, and it's not a positive impact. Can you please get with the ad/site design people and come up with something less intrusive?

Literally every page I go to, I get 2 pop-up ads. I get the need for advertising, but being bombarded like this really impacts my opinion of the site, and it's not a positive impact. Can you please get with the ad/site design people and come up with something less intrusive?
Clean out your history. That is a new Google ads feature that was not supposed to be that frequent. It has been turned off because of the issue you are describing.

I had a McAfee add that was driving me crazy, only got it to pop up on this site but it was aggressive. Thankfully I haven't seen it today.

Clean out your history. That is a new Google ads feature that was not supposed to be that frequent. It has been turned off because of the issue you are describing.
Nope. I deleted my history, cookies and cached files, and the ads are still showing up. I appreciate that you have been proactive.

What phone are you using? The tool bar is visible on my iPhone.
Have old android on its last leg. To clarify...when I say tool bar, I just mean the top of screen...covers up the row where that lightening bolt sits.

It's just one more tap in a world of taps...hehe.

And if those were not there this site would not exist. Neither one covers up content. The majority of traffic is now on mobile and those two ads are keeping the lights on.

I would be in support of a membership price increase if it meant an ad reduction - especially if that resulted in the pages randomly refreshing less often.

Last edited:

I would be in support of a membership price increase if it meant an ad reduction - especially if that resulted in the pages randomly refreshing less often.
I would rather an additional fee that was optional for ad free content. I am not having the ad problem and see no reason to pay more to solve a problem I don't have.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back