• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Pop-up ads causing difficulties with mobile browser

berryhusker

Travel Squad
15 Year Member
Hopefully this is the correct place to post this, I wasn't sure. Just wanted to let admins know that when I use my mobile device and try to post a comment it becomes incredibly challenging with the pop ups at the bottom of the screen. I believe they are from di dna, or at least that's what it says.

When I try to write a comment the ad will sometimes pop up over the text box and all I can see is my keyboard, can't see what I'm typing. I have to minimize my keyboard, close the ad, and then hope another doesn't pop up again. Not sure if anyone else is having that issue. Using Chrome on an Android device (LG g7). If there are any work arounds please let me know. Thanks!

Same here. I hardly post anymore as my main connection is my phone, and the current platform is horrible.

I brought it to the attention of our ad ops and they have fixed it so if you continue to scroll the ad will be below the text.

I brought it to the attention of our ad ops and they have fixed it so if you continue to scroll the ad will be below the text.
Thanks David.

I'm also seeing the ads from "infolinks" becoming more intrusive on mobile devices. They will take up a big portion of the bottom of the screen, and they'll occasionally autoplay sound. I can probably deal with the size of some of the ads, but the autoplay has even happened when I'm using another app and my browser is in the background.

I will let Infolinks know. If they can’t fix it I will remove them.

A1FB20B3-B989-4B73-ABF9-57D45F9E319E.png

That's an example of one that started autoplaying, but there have been some others. Just as an FYI, it will sometimes start autoplaying even if my phone screen is off.

@BigRedMax here is another ad that started autoplaying today (bottom of the page). This one is for Jiffy Lube, but the one thing they all seem to have in common is the"infolinks" tag on them.

As I was typing this, another one started autoplaying.

Screenshot_20200816-100910_Chrome.jpg

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back