• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

POLL: Which is a more likely win in 2023 - Minnesota OR Purdue?

No brainer, Purdue. We have tons more up-side than Purdue from both players and coaches. Not that I think Walters is a bad coach, but he's a 1st time HC, plus they lost their veteran year QB.

Last game, LSU 65 Purdoo 7.
Last game, Minny beats N.Carolina St.

IMO, Rodents will be tougher than Boilers.

Last edited:
Last game, LSU 65 Purdoo 7.
Last game, Minny beats N.Carolina St.

IMO, Rodents will be tougher than Boilers.
Minnesota beat Syracuse. Which also gives them somewhat of an idea regarding the 3-3-5 defense. Minnesota is losing a ton this year and also are wanting to move away from the power run game.

Minnesota beat Syracuse. Which also gives them somewhat of an idea regarding the 3-3-5 defense. Minnesota is losing a ton this year and also are wanting to move away from the power run game.

No way the move away from run game

They get RB Darius Taylor, who was an All-State player in Michigan after rushing for 2,450 yards and 36 touchdowns as a senior. plus theyTaylor was high school teammates with quarterback Drew Viotto, who also signed with the Gophers

Also signing 4 big O linemen

whoops. Syracuse instead of N.Carolina State :Facepalm:

A season opening road game under a new staff, in a new system, probably isn't as likely as a comparable home opponent much deeper in the schedule...
Against a team that lost its:

1) 6th year senior starting QB
2) NFL caliber RB (Ibharim)
3) An offensive line losing its RG, C and LG ... 2 5th year seniors and 1 6th year senior.
4) An offensive line that's losing 5 of its 10 players on the 2-deep
5) A defense losing 5 of its 11 starters including 3 out 4 of their secondary

I am going with Minnesota.

What about neither? Until I see actual change I am going with neither.
Actual change? Like an entire new staff sans one coach? 40 new scholarship players? I'm not sure what other "actual change" you're looking for to make a random prediction.

Against a team that lost its:

1) 6th year senior starting QB
2) NFL caliber RB (Ibharim)
3) An offensive line losing its RG, C and LG ... 2 5th year seniors and 1 6th year senior.
4) An offensive line that's losing 5 of its 10 players on the 2-deep
5) A defense losing 5 of its 11 starters including 3 out 4 of their secondary

I am going with Minnesota.
Kaliakmanis (freshman) is better than 6th year Tanner Morgan. Just before final game, Kaliakmanis was a starter, Morgan ...... backup QB.

No way the move away from run game

They get RB Darius Taylor, who was an All-State player in Michigan after rushing for 2,450 yards and 36 touchdowns as a senior. plus theyTaylor was high school teammates with quarterback Drew Viotto, who also signed with the Gophers

Also signing 4 big O linemen
Correct. I was referencing the move from the power run. Think they will still be a run first team but will have more of an open offense with Kaliakmanis as there QB and also the two receiver's they got from the portal. Still think we would have won last year had Morgan stayed in the game. You have to give Fleck credit for what he gets out of two and three star recruits.

Oh, and Pops......went to the Gopher-Sparty hockey game Saturday. Buddy wore his Fighting Sioux Sweater (that went over well with some folks). He had it signed a number of years ago by T.J. Oshie.

Correct. I was referencing the move from the power run. Think they will still be a run first team but will have more of an open offense with Kaliakmanis as there QB and also the two receiver's they got from the portal. Still think we would have won last year had Morgan stayed in the game. You have to give Fleck credit for what he gets out of two and three star recruits.

Oh, and Pops......went to the Gopher-Sparty hockey game Saturday. Buddy wore his Fighting Sioux Sweater (that went over well with some folks). He had it signed a number of years ago by T.J. Oshie.
Yeah that wont go over well there. I wish they still had the rivalry that they once had. Wore Sioux gear a lot back when. Always had a good time

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back