• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

POLL: When will Nebrasketball win first NCAA tournament game?

What year does Nebraska get first NCAA win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@HuSkaBob

You are the outlier at the moment! I think you have a better chance to be right that the we win next year group, but.....why the lag? think we get there and lose sooner?

@HuSkaBob

You are the outlier at the moment! I think you have a better chance to be right that the we win next year group, but.....why the lag? think we get there and lose sooner?
Do I think they are going to get better next year? Maybe. I don't think that there will be more talent. I don't have much faith in first year big guys in the Big 10. Dachon Burke and Jervay Green can lead Nebraska to the tournament in 2021? Maybe. The team will look completely different by then. I just don't know. I think they could get to the tournament once or twice in the first 3-4 years.

Anyways, people are getting excited, which is great. The coaches have to get a lot of the "right" recruiting done. If they get a win sooner, great.

For those thinking next year tournament, here's your starting five (without transfers, plus or minus):

Amir Harris (Mika Adams-Woods?)
Dachon Burke
Jervay Green
Brady Heiman (Thor? Davis?)
Isaiah Roby

I don't think that's going to be top half of the big 10, nor good enough to get to the dance. I do think there will be a big guy or two who joins the team, but I don't think you can count on much more than Duby Okeke's level of impact. A grad transfer, a JUCO and a freshman big guy would be about right.

Last edited:
@HuSkaBob

What seasons do these years represent, i.e., is 2020 for 2019-2020 or 2020-2021? The bold is what I would pick.

Do I think they are going to get better next year? Maybe. I don't think that there will be more talent. I don't have much faith in first year big guys in the Big 10. Dachon Burke and Jervay Green can lead Nebraska to the tournament in 2021? Maybe. The team will look completely different by then. I just don't know. I think they could get to the tournament once or twice in the first 3-4 years.

Anyways, people are getting excited, which is great. The coaches have to get a lot of the "right" recruiting done. If they get a win sooner, great.

For those thinking next year tournament, here's your starting five (without transfers, plus or minus):

Amir Harris (Mika Adams-Woods?)
Dachon Burke
Jervay Green
Brady Heiman (Thor? Davis?)
Isaiah Roby

I don't think that's going to be top half of the big 10, nor good enough to get to the dance. I do think there will be a big guy or two who joins the team, but I don't think you can count on much more than Duby Okeke's level of impact. A grad transfer, a JUCO and a freshman big guy would be about right.

I don't disagree. As we sit now Roby will have to channel Michael Jordan's killer instinct to stand a shot, and even that might not be enough.

GET TICKETS

Back