• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

POLL 2: Will there be a 2020 college football season? Poll ends 4/12

What's your prediction on college football in the fall of 2020?

• No college football at all

Votes: 32 35.2%
  • College football with schedule as usual

Votes: 30 33.0%
  • Condensed schedule, football as usual

Votes: 14 15.4%
  • Schedule as usual, no fans

Votes: 11 12.1%
  • Condensed schedule, no fans

Votes: 4 4.4%

• Total voters

Football is NOT happening with this virus around. It’s expected to continue and be back in the Fakl. Without a vaccine for it, I seriously doubt any major gathering of people will be allowed. All it would take is a few people to catch it and die and there would be huge issues. We can live without football for a year. The bright side is the HUskers will have their first undefeated season under SF.

WITH PENT-UP STRESSORS FOR ALL OF US, SOMETIMES, not speaking in an "inside voice," HELPS TO RELIEVE THAT "ITCH" FOR ALL THINGS HUSKER!

How can there be a condensed schedule? What is the point of that?

Well, if we could this one year toss out our schedule and schedule North Texas, Chadron State, Northwest Missouri, South Dakota, and Western Illinois, we would have a chance at going unbeaten. Although NWMS would scare me a bit. :Eek:

Last edited:
I stuck with full season, no fans. The MLB plan to play in Arizona without fans could be a blueprint. There are a lot of dollars at stake with TV contracts. There will be significant financial pressure to find a way to keep those dollars flowing and folks will have grown weary of the restrictions before then. I'm guessing there will be regular testing of all players, coaches and staff. It will be interesting to see how MLB handles a positive test if they go through with playing in May as I think a positive test on a team could cause havoc.

I stuck with full season, no fans. The MLB plan to play in Arizona without fans could be a blueprint. There are a lot of dollars at stake with TV contracts. There will be significant financial pressure to find a way to keep those dollars flowing and folks will have grown weary of the restrictions before then. I'm guessing there will be regular testing of all players, coaches and staff. It will be interesting to see how MLB handles a positive test if they go through with playing in May as I think a positive test on a team could cause havoc.

There was an early test case for how this disease spreads in regards to a team setting when Ruby Gobert of the Utah Jazz tested positive. He was about as careless as a person could be and only one other teammate tested positive. It didn't spread like crazy throughout the team. Don't know if the Jazz got lucky, or if systems are already in place with pro sports organizations to stop the spread of diseases.

Last edited:
There was an early test case for how this disease spreads in regards to a team setting when Ruby Gobert of the Utah Jazz tested positive. He was about as careless as a person could be and only one other teammate tested positive. It didn't spread like crazy throughout the team. Don't know if the Jazz got lucky, or if systems are already in place with pro sports organizations to stop the spread of diseases.
Yep, this virus is strange. The way it affects some so badly, while others barely know they are sick (if they know at all), is interesting. Also, others can be around someone who has it and not get it themselves, like the family of the guy considered Lincoln's first case of community-spread COVID-19.

If they played without fans, there would still be huge revenue losses for schools. Puts a lot of pressure on TV crews as well since they would still have to travel. We have a while for them to evaluate and plan. That’s a good thing.

If they played without fans, there would still be huge revenue losses for schools. Puts a lot of pressure on TV crews as well since they would still have to travel. We have a while for them to evaluate and plan. That’s a good thing.

You would lose the gate and the concessions but it would be better than losing the TV money, the gate and the concessions. My institution (K-State) just nixed all face-to-face extension meetings until after July 4. I'm not sure what information was used as a basis for that decision, but it may not bode well for a football season since fall camp should start about a month after that and most extension events have fewer attendees than the number of players on a football roster. I am increasingly convinced the "without fans" options are the only ones that are likely in play if there is to be a season at all.

There's a lot of money on the line. I'm guessing the networks could charter flights for their crews and be way ahead of having no product at all but I very much imagine it depends on what is going on with the disease as we get closer to the season.

I think the real question is whether Bo Pelini will say his covid-infected players are "day-to-day."

:bo:

GET TICKETS

Back