• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Political guru, Nate Silver, weighs in on the B1G expansion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nebraska1

Cornhusker since 1969
20 Year Member
And he doesn't care for it. The guy knows his stuff but I think he desperately needs a date. I also don't agree as the $$ for B1G cable money over actual people who might watch it is what pulled this wagon.

Last year, I conducted an analysis of the 120 members of the N.C.A.A.’s Football Bowl Subdivision, attempting to estimate the number of fans devoted to each program.

The analysis relied on an Google search traffic for the term “college football,” and information on the size of each of the 210 media markets in the United States.
Although New York is the nation’s largest media market, and although Rutgers is the most popular team in the New York City area, their overall numbers were just average by this method.
That’s because only about 15 percent of New Yorkers are avid college football fans, among the lower figures in the country.
The Big Ten may have expanded the size of its revenue pie, but it will be dividing it 14 ways rather than 12, and among family members that have less history of sitting down at the table with one another. In seeking to expand its footprint eastward, the conference may have taken a step in the wrong direction.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back