• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Please Remember.......

Memorial Stadium inscription says it best this weekend’s purpose:

"In Commemoration of the men of Nebraska who served and fell in the Nations Wars."

As a young boy growing Up in a single parent household, I learned some of the derisive military phrases from my father who had served as a cook in an Army Officer’s mess hall ... like other definitions for SOS;)

Years later, I learned many more as a RA & USAR Officer ... oft times, we would see a unit insignia like the 85th Division (Training Support) nicknamed the Custer Division with it’s patch depicting a ‘CD‘ ... the joke among 21st century’s Soldiers was that it stood for ‘coffee & donuts.’

Sadly, the joke is on me ... doing some family research, I recently found that my grandmother’s first cousin served in the 85th during WWII. The 85th went into combat in Italy on April 10th 1944 & PFC Clinton Fuhrer of Boyd County Nebraska & Gregory County SD was KIA in April 12th 1944 and interned in an American cemetery near Rome. The 22 year old Soldier left behind a young bride in Montana.

Rest In Peace to all who faithfully served and fell.

Last edited:
B292BB57-FBE4-481E-8950-1AC45E30F9B8.jpeg

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back