• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Playoff proponents - another meaningful regular season game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apples and oranges...but you knew that. College has too many teams eligible for top seedas to allow any team to risk a loss.

Apples and oranges...but you knew that. College has too many teams eligible for top seedas to allow any team to risk a loss.

I saw the #7 ranked Men's BBall team play in an arena that was about 10% full last night. You don't get that in CFB

I saw the #7 ranked Men's BBall team play in an arena that was about 10% full last night. You don't get that in CFB

Even with playoffs, you would never see that in college football. In fact, the only time it is close is during some of these crappy bowl games early in the postseason.

Cowboys are down 7-0. Probably time to put in their backups. (this has nothing to do with the fact that the Giants won)

And just like that, here comes McGee! If Bo Pelini was coaching the Cowboys, that wouldn't happen. :mad:

Last edited:

regular season game in las vegas (baylor vs west virginia).

i've already seen bowl games -- supposedly meaning much more than a regular season, non-conference game -- that weren't much more than 10% full.

And just like that, here comes McGee! If Bo Pelini was coaching the Cowboys, that wouldn't happen. :mad:

According to Fox, Romo was injured. The Cowboys starters always fold in December, why not play the reserves?

Last edited:
Every game counts. Or not.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...cowboys-rest-key-starters-new-york-giants-win

If the Giants win today, the Cowboys don't care about their game against Philadelphia because it won't matter.

How exciting that a game involving a team that has a chance at the playoffs won't even play their starters in the next-to-last game of the season.

as i've said... you make conference championships the only guaranteed way to make the playoffs, and you'll have a heckuva lot more college games with much more significance -- players playing for their football lives -- in the last week of the regular season.

Every game counts. Or not.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...cowboys-rest-key-starters-new-york-giants-win

If the Giants win today, the Cowboys don't care about their game against Philadelphia because it won't matter.

How exciting that a game involving a team that has a chance at the playoffs won't even play their starters in the next-to-last game of the season.

I love how non-interested you are in this game....btw thanks for the link regarding information on a game that you find meaningless and not interesting:thumbsup:;)

Last edited:

The bowl season is fun! We've seen exciting finishes by a number of teams already that get to end the season with victory. More than one a nailbiter right to the end.

The bowl games stretch out to the point that we get a game almost every night of the week through New Years(and beyond), many that are very interesting, some that aren't, but the option to watch football every night of the week.

That's something else we'd lose with the ill-advised playoff that some are trying to force upon us. Those games would be congregated each week over a couple of weekend days. Bleh!

As far as the NFL.......if it weren't for fantasy football many of these games would hold very little excitement.

"As long as I go out in this Capital One Bowl and win that, become a champion over there, it will be capped off really well," he said.

This might be one of the best, and often most overlooked, aspects of a bowl system. Half the teams end their season on a positive note.

This might be one of the best, and often most overlooked, aspects of a bowl system. Half the teams end their season on a positive note.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-DIETlxquzY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back