• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Playoff Op-Ed From Someone Who Sets the Right Priorities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eventually the pro-playoff crowd will get their wish, and then college football will no longer be the unique sport that many of us love so dearly.

Eventually the pro-playoff crowd will get their wish, and then college football will no longer be the unique sport that many of us love so dearly.

Maybe they'll invent some form of fantasy football that will win back some interest.

FF is the best thing that ever happen to the NFL.

This is another one of my favorites. I obviously can only speak for myself, but I for one love college football IN SPITE of its asinine postseason, not BECAUSE of it. The sport is great and always will be. But I've got news for you...it can be better.

This is another one of my favorites. I obviously can only speak for myself, but I for one love college football IN SPITE of its asinine postseason, not BECAUSE of it. The sport is great and always will be. But I've got news for you...it can be better.

Maybe for fans.

Not for players. Hence the focus of the oped and the title of this thread.

Maybe for fans.

Not for players. Hence the focus of the oped and the title of this thread.

And that is what doesn't make sense. Why is it so bad for the players of FBS schools, but not bad for FCS, or any other level of collegiate football, or any other NCAA sport?

And that is what doesn't make sense. Why is it so bad for the players of FBS schools, but not bad for FCS, or any other level of collegiate football, or any other NCAA sport?

As was pointed out in the article (did you read it?), the other playoffs aren't always so great for the athletes.

Yes, I read the article, but by the logic presented, we should do away with all college athletics. BBall, and other sports, take student-athletes away from school for days at time. All sports have tremendous time commitments. It's just too hard on the students. So, in their interest, lets get rid of them. Oh, wait, we're giving 100s of scholarships to students. They might not be able to get those degrees if we do that.

Yes, I read the article, but by the logic presented, we should do away with all college athletics. BBall, and other sports, take student-athletes away from school for days at time. All sports have tremendous time commitments. It's just too hard on the students. So, in their interest, lets get rid of them. Oh, wait, we're giving 100s of scholarships to students. They might not be able to get those degrees if we do that.

We should probably tailor back time commitments. And frankly, football is harder on an athlete than any other sport.

Plus, even if we admit to And accept the current trade off (schollie for 6am to 10pm commitment), we don't have to make things worse for the guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back