• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Players retain legal counsel in fight against artificial turf at 2015 Women’s WC

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
Certainly a double standard as men would not be made top play on it nor would the play on it for completion as prestigious as this.....really hard on the ankles and knees for futbal players...

Headlined by the last two FIFA Women’s World Players of the Year – American Abby Wambach and German Nadine Angerer – the group consists of approximately 40 national team players from around the world.

In the letter, obtained by The Equalizer and confirmed to have been delivered to FIFA and Canada Soccer, the players’ lawyers argue that the use of “a second-class surface is gender discrimination that violates European charters and numerous provisions of Canadian law, including human rights codes and the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.â€

Wambach first voiced her opposition publicly in March 2013, telling The Equalizer: “We’ve worked so hard as female athletes – not only here in the United States, but internationally – to grow the game and in my opinion I think this is taking a step back. All of the men’s international players around the world would argue the same point. A lot of these guys will not play on an artificial surface because it is an injury-prone surface and I don’t blame them.â€â€™

http://womens.soccerly.com/2014/08/...-fight-artificial-turf-2015-womens-world-cup/

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back