• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles -- 35th anniversary release

Just recently read Steve Martin's autobiography from 2007 and it was interesting. I've been a fan of both Steve and John Candy, he was such a genuinely funny guy. This movie is such a classic comedy with a great ending to the whole mess. LOL.

The blu-ray release next week will include much of the deleted subplot regarding Neal Page's wife; footage that John Hughes previously thought had been lost forever.

After watching this movie hundreds of times all these years, it was just a couple years ago when I first learned of this subplot. I never detected any suspicion of infidelity from her. The ending of the movie when his wife welcomes him home is so emotionally charged and is fantastic, but I could only speculate as to why it was that way. But now I understand why it was that way. I asked my wife if she ever picked up on Neal's wife's suspicious thinking, and she replied, "of course"
:O O:

Oof. I need to be more careful. :Biggrin:

Last edited:
The blu-ray release next week will include much of the deleted subplot regarding Neal Page's wife; footage that John Hughes previously thought had been lost forever.

After watching this movie hundreds of times all these years, it was just a couple years ago when I first learned of this subplot. I never detected any suspicion of infidelity from her. The ending of the movie when his wife welcomes him home is so emotionally charged and is fantastic, but I could only speculate as to why it was that way. But now I understand why it was that way. I asked my wife if she ever picked up on Neal's wife's suspicious thinking, and she replied, "of course"
:O O:

Oof. I need to be more careful. :Biggrin:

That explains the weird interaction at the end with her and John Candy. I always thought that seemed odd, and now it makes sense.

20221124_071704.jpg

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back