• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Place Kicking

thom, I just watched a video from Husker Online HOL HD: Nebraska vs. Northern Illinois Sights & Sounds:

Go to the 23 second mark and watch the holder for IA, #16 Vedral. If he was the holder in the game for IA this will show you why he was kicking the ball low. Vedral placed his right hand on the ground where IA wants him to place the ball. Watch where Vedral taps the ground (the Go signal) and watch where he places it. It is a good 3 to 4 inches forward of his initial hand placement which is just the same as a kicker landing his plant foot too far back resulting in striking the ball to high up which creates more of a line drive kick. If he did this during the game then that would be a big contributing factor. There is a reason teams practice FG every day because more than any other play in football, timing, rhythm spacing, steps, distance, placement etc etc play a crucial role for it to work. One thing off and it all blows up. The question I have is was Vedral IA's holder during the game and was he also the holder for the right footed sub later on? That may answer some questions.

Being such a special teams nerd, I cannot leave well enough alone!
I hate to go off my imperfect memory... but I recall that Ian Armstrong held for McCallum (the replacement kicker).

I thought IA held last year on PK, too as well as for Jorgensen this year.

Last edited:
I hate to go off my imperfect memory... but I recall that Ian Armstrong held for McCallum (the replacement kicker).

I thought IA held last year on PK, too as well as for Jorgensen this year.
Armstrong is definitely the holder when not kicking. Vedral's dad and uncle were holders too, but it might not have been Noah's focus until recently.

Last edited:
frost said last week the Pickering had been doing some light kicking and it was hoped he would be back soon. Whatever that means

I read somewhere he's hurt as well.
I had asked that question in another thread and that was the response I received too. I’ve not seen anything in an actual source to verify it though.
I had to search as well because it hasn't been discussed much at all. This is a quote from a recent LJS article:
Frost said the decision will be whether to also take freshman walk-on Dylan Jorgensen, who's dealt with a minor injury of his own.

Link

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back