• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

PJ to Tennessee??

If they don't, they never get out of the toilet. Walk on's won'y make up the difference...we need more scholly players, a lot more, probably at least 110 scholarship guys. Five years of that, and things will be back to normal ( 1962-1997) assuming our coach isn't bad.
The elites will just horde the elite players like they used too. Then the only hope would be table scraps of the 4* that can't get on the field at Bama because they're stocked with 5* at every position. They'll hit the portal and the also rans will fight for the leftovers.

If they don't, they never get out of the toilet. Walk on's won'y make up the difference...we need more scholly players, a lot more, probably at least 110 scholarship guys. Five years of that, and things will be back to normal ( 1962-1997) assuming our coach isn't bad.
Problem is Alabama and the other teams you mentioned also get 110 scholarships. I don’t think it would change anything much. I remember other schools bitching about Nebraska and Oklahoma hoarding players in the 70’s and 80’s.

Last edited:
Wow. I knew it wouldn't be Fleck. But I hadn't read any Heupel rumors.

In other words, Tennessee is now UCF North. Maybe they'd like to take a couple of our assistants. Or UCF could reach out to Frost to see if he'd like to return. ;)
I wonder if Frost's wife wishes they would have stayed at UCF? They had a pretty good thing going there....although it didn't include $5 mil per year.

I think UCF would take him back. They still think highly of him.

It will be interesting to see if he ever sniffs a head coaching gig again. This might have been his best bet and it came one year too early.

Problem is Alabama and the other teams you mentioned also get 110 scholarships. I don’t think it would change anything much. I remember other schools bitching about Nebraska and Oklahoma hoarding players in the 70’s and 80’s.
Sad that you think that the Nebraska's and Tennessee's could not benefit from 25 more players but that Alabama would easily turn 25 more 4-5 star players into bench warmers. I think you are wrong and it is no coincidence that Nebraska's glory years were before scholly restrictions or at the tail end of the phase-in effect on rosters.

The elites will just horde the elite players like they used too. Then the only hope would be table scraps of the 4* that can't get on the field at Bama because they're stocked with 5* at every position. They'll hit the portal and the also rans will fight for the leftovers.
With that kind of attitude, we should all be Bama fans because that thinking means the Huskers will be unlikely to be able to have even a winning record moving forward. And, if we ever somehow got into the playoffs because tosu was on probation, we'd get smashed by 30 in round 1.

Sad that you think that the Nebraska's and Tennessee's could not benefit from 25 more players but that Alabama would easily turn 25 more 4-5 star players into bench warmers. I think you are wrong and it is no coincidence that Nebraska's glory years were before scholly restrictions or at the tail end of the phase-in effect on rosters.
Everyone would benefit to a degree. So would the Alabama’s one Ohio State’s of the world. I don’t know, just doesn’t seem it would help much. Maybe I’m wrong.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back