• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

PJ to Tennessee??

Whomever Tennessee hires, he's definitely going to have to contend with some serious sanctions, which will make rebuilding challenging initially. While Fleck is capable of a rebuild, I wonder if he's really that interested in taking on a project as challenging as Tennessee with a dark cloud of violations and plenty of quality competition. I'm not convinced the job is a step up for someone like Fleck.

I'm seeing the Clemson OC high on the rumor list, which might make sense given the project this will be. Hugh Freeze is another name, which would be a great get.
Hugh Freeze, would be a great get, when they just fired a guy for violations, and Freeze got fired for the same thing? Sounds pretty damn risky on Tennessee’s part if you ask me. Good coach for sure, but that wouldn’t be a good look.

If Tennessee fans were in an uproar off of hiring Greg Schiano, imagine how they’d be if they hire the “row the boat guy”? I’m not sure that type of nonsense would go over at all in the SEC, or at Tennessee.

Sounds like what Mel Tucker said to Colorado before Mich St. paid more money.
Have we heard something similar before?

P.J. Fleck stated it was time to "start a new chapter" in his family's journey after announcing his departure from Western Michigan University for the head coaching job at Minnesota.

If Tennessee fans were in an uproar off of hiring Greg Schiano, imagine how they’d be if they hire the “row the boat guy”? I’m not sure that type of nonsense would go over at all in the SEC, or at Tennessee.

I thought Schiano was due to the fact he was on staff at Penn State?

I guess nobody’s worried he’s gonna try to steal Frost? :Popcorn: J/k
1611618689177.png

New Tennessee AD Danny White is playing it close to the vest, as is his style. Several names out there in the media, including Fleck, but he'll probably take someone no one has ever suspected! Has to be someone squeaky clean though, NCAA charges are pending!
BP and MR ran a clean program.

Funny how that cancel culture that torpedoed Schiano has faded....he'd probably sail right in now without a peep from the screamers and would have been a great coach at TN.

I dont know why he would think playing FLA and Georgia every year would be easier than Wisc and Iowa, He has prob a better recruiting area where he is at, at least as far as competition goes. In eastern Tenn he would also be fighting Clemson, NC, SC, GA Tech,... for recruits. All the above mentioned schools are within approx 6 hour drive. Not near as many that close in Mpls.

A few schools other schools that impact that 6hr piece in FSU, Bama, Auburn, Mississippi State and Ole Miss, yet Tennessee does okay in recruiting....with violations that could become a lot tougher and the Tennessee crowd is pretty impatient

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back