• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

PJ to Tennessee??

HuskerNash

Junior Varsity
5 Year Member
I have nothing to back it up other than rumor and innuendo but talk is heating up regarding Fleck to the Vols.

Who’s PJ ?
71aSGbs3Z4L.jpg

New Tennessee AD Danny White is playing it close to the vest, as is his style. Several names out there in the media, including Fleck, but he'll probably take someone no one has ever suspected! Has to be someone squeaky clean though, NCAA charges are pending!

I read a Minnesota insiders article this morning saying that Tennessee has reached out (Fleck was 1 of 3 that the UT search consultant firm came back with), but there hasn't been a lot of movement on Fleck's side. At least yet.

New Tennessee AD Danny White is playing it close to the vest, as is his style. Several names out there in the media, including Fleck, but he'll probably take someone no one has ever suspected! Has to be someone squeaky clean though, NCAA charges are pending!

Whomever Tennessee hires, he's definitely going to have to contend with some serious sanctions, which will make rebuilding challenging initially. While Fleck is capable of a rebuild, I wonder if he's really that interested in taking on a project as challenging as Tennessee with a dark cloud of violations and plenty of quality competition. I'm not convinced the job is a step up for someone like Fleck.

I'm seeing the Clemson OC high on the rumor list, which might make sense given the project this will be. Hugh Freeze is another name, which would be a great get.

Last edited:
Whomever Tennessee hires, he's definitely going to have to contend with some serious sanctions, which will make rebuilding challenging initially. While Fleck is capable of a rebuild, I wonder if he's really that interested in taking on a project as challenging as Tennessee with a dark cloud of violations and plenty of quality competition. I'm not convinced the job is a step up for someone like Fleck.

I'm seeing the Clemson OC high on the rumor list, which might make sense given the project this will be. Hugh Freeze is another name, which would be a great get.
I don't think they're taking Freeze while under the NCAA magnifying glass.

He's making 4.75 million at Minny so it would have to be a very substantial offer to lure him away.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back