• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Pirman is N

Status
Not open for further replies.
Max Pirman visited Lincoln for the first time on Saturday just looking for a second option. The defensive end recruit thought Indiana was the school for him.

Then he saw a game in Memorial Stadium.

“I never expected to be blown away the way I was,” said the 6-foot-5, 215-pound native of Orrville, Ohio.

“Walking out from the locker room to the field, I had 8- and 9-year-old kids giving me hugs. People knew my name.”

Previously committed to Indiana, Pirman becomes Nebraska’s 17th commitment of the 2011 class. John Papuchis was his lead recruiter.

He said his decision to change his commitment in favor of Nebraska was not made lightly.

“I’m not one to let people down,” Pirman said. “It was one of the toughest decisions I ever had to make.”

But the day after seeing the passion for Nebraska football in person, he knew he wanted to be a Husker.

“On Sunday morning, it really hit me, my heart was somewhere else,” Pirman said.

http://huskerextra.com/sports/football/article_b1b2ff08-f148-11df-aad2-001cc4c03286.html

It appears Nebraska was the most prestigious school he had received an offer from. Not surprising that he wanted the scholly PLUS the chance to stay regionally. I hope Indiana and Illinois get used to getting out-recruited by Nebraska, cause it's gonna be an annual thing! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back