• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Picture is worth 1000 words

huskerman1

Scout Team
10 Year Member
Looks like he has a bad case of painful rectal itch.

Looks like if he hears the word 'Nebraska' he'll have a stroke.
KW.jpg

"10. Despite the Big Ten's black eye lately, Warren & Co. believe the league did the right thing. While other conferences showed patience and expected advancements in testing—delaying their seasons instead of completely postponing—the Big Ten pulled the trigger on postponing and then had to reverse course for a public relations nightmare. "

> His friends, namely Northwestern, the Michigan Gov., and Rutgers, are his "& Co." Count Nebr./The Ohio State University, Univ. of Iowa, Penn St., Coach Harbaugh, and a 90% of the Big 10 fans as out of that group (probably the majority of the sports writers too). Few believe he did the "right thing".
> SI nailed this final point.

Maybe I am totally whacked out, but the way they structured this seems like retribution to the teams that stood up to the B1G. Especially OSU, by starting so late knowing darn well they could be playing in 2 weeks. This eliminates any chance for OSU to make the playoffs. Yeah I know technically they can get in but I don't think the Playoff Committee will select them with less games played.

Maybe I am totally whacked out, but the way they structured this seems like retribution to the teams that stood up to the B1G. Especially OSU, by starting so late knowing darn well they could be playing in 2 weeks. This eliminates any chance for OSU to make the playoffs. Yeah I know technically they can get in but I don't think the Playoff Committee will select them with less games played.
Good point. It also seems (I'm trying really hard not to be a Debbie Downer) that the protocols are set in such a way as to make it virtually impossible for the teams to play a full schedule. We shall see, but their stringent requirements smell like New Jersey and Northwestern to me.

I'm just spitballing here, but my assumption would be that standard operating procedure goes out the window this year. What if Clemson or Alabama have a massive COVID outbreak and lose a game due to roster depletion. Does that work against them in the polls? Do they resume their ranking once they're back to full strength.

Seems like this year that pollsters, etc. are going to have to work a little harder than than normally do. The analysis by auto-pilot gets harder until COVID is behind us.

Which is a long way to say – if OSU is clearly one of the best teams, as demonstrated by their play, what's to say they couldn't be in the championship series?

Last edited:

I'm just spitballing here, but my assumption would be that standard operating procedure goes out the window this year. What if Clemson or Alabama have a massive COVID outbreak and lose a game due to roster depletion. Does that work against them in the polls? Do they resume their ranking once they're back to full strength.

Seems like this year that pollsters, etc. are going to have to work a little harder than than normally do. The analysis by auto-pilot gets harder until COVID is behind us.

Which is a long way to say – if OSU is clearly one of the best teams, as demonstrated by their play, what's to say they couldn't be in the championship series?

Well the first polls had OSU 2nd.
This weeks' poll had NO B1G teams. Does that mean that next weeks' poll will have OSU back in a 2?

Well the first polls had OSU 2nd.
This weeks' poll had NO B1G teams. Does that mean that next weeks' poll will have OSU back in a 2?

Probably not. From what I remember once the season starts they will only rank teams that have played. So OSU won't show up until after the Oct 23/24th game.

If osu wins the conference they get in.

Not necessarily. Let’s say they only get 6 games in due to Covid cancellations and the teams they couldn’t play are quality opponents like PSU and Michigan. So not only do they have much less games, their strength of schedule is also weak.

Last edited:

B1G stuffed shirts don't care about the playoffs, only about their exclusive, beloved Rose Bowl! They have lost sight of the ultimate goal; National Championship. They still think it's the Rose Bowl. That's the difference between the B1G and the SEC.

Last edited:

An undefeated tOSU team - even with only 8 or 9 games is getting into the playoff - guaranteed!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back