• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Peter Costelli in the portal

It’s probably unrealistic to find an experience talented QB to come. Guess you never know. But I would take 2. If you are lucky enough someone who can come in and win 7 games next year and then the “next guy.” With all the departures not too optimistic about next year.

If you bring him in it’s to move somebody out. He will be a fr next year. It would seem odd to want a roster with 3 fr qbs and one sophomore. Likely by bringing him in you would be causing issues with Smothers and/or Haarberg. Maybe we don’t care about that.

Best bet for success next year would be an experienced qb via the portal or AM comes back.

Serious question, does Costelli project better than the similar age guys we have? I don’t know anything about him.

Who's to say Smothers is not that guy?
He could be but based on my observations in the spring and what I have heard its doubtful. Now could he be pretty decent in a couple of years? Oh yeah. But Scott doesn’t have that runway. And there are going to be a significant number of departures on both sides of the ball. This should have been the up year.

He could be but based on my observations in the spring and what I have heard its doubtful. Now could he be pretty decent in a couple of years? Oh yeah. But Scott doesn’t have that runway. And there are going to be a significant number of departures on both sides of the ball. This should have been the up year.
I agree this was Frost's year to make a statement. Probably best team he will ever have. Give Smothers the benefit of spring ball and different coaching. He might struggle Friday yes. A lot of qbs are able to be decent qbs as sophomores.

If you bring him in it’s to move somebody out. He will be a fr next year. It would seem odd to want a roster with 3 fr qbs and one sophomore. Likely by bringing him in you would be causing issues with Smothers and/or Haarberg. Maybe we don’t care about that.

Best bet for success next year would be an experienced qb via the portal or AM comes back.

Serious question, does Costelli project better than the similar age guys we have? I don’t know anything about him.
If Smothers preforms well today, then you simply sit him down, and tell him, look, we are going to try and grab a portal QB for depth because we need it. You’re our guy, but we have to have depth if something should happen. I’m sure a smart guy will understand as much.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back