• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must admit I am a bit surprised to see Husker fans nitpicking their current recruiting class ranking on ESPN and Rivals. I don't see the point of even looking at rankings in June. Kids who are 'committed' to teams whose classes are allegedly ranked higher than Nebraska's will inevitably decommit and Nebraska fans should still have memories of 'commits' like Marcus McWilson, Dominic Walker, Jonathan Cook, Christian Lacouture and Dan Samuelson fresh in their minds.

My point is that Husker fans should feel very excited about the direction the recruiting has gone the past few classes, and is continuing to go. In less than a weeks time, Nebraska picked up commitments from their #1 QB target, #1 OL target, #1 slot-WR target, the #1 K in the '14 class, and IMPO a 4* talent in Tanner Farmer. What is there to be questioning?

Bo Pelini is starting to get the 'father figure' reputation in recruiting circles - and that is a great reputation to have, trust me. Coordinators Tim Beck and John Papuchis are in the elite category of recruiting and Beck in particular is gaining a reputation similar to guys like Gus Malzahn in terms of offensive creativity. Recruits want to play in an offense like Beck's. Terry Joseph is arguably the best recruiter on the staff and among the best in the conference, while guys like Rick Kaczenski and John Garrison are starting to make names for themselves on the recruiting front as well.

IMPO, since the 2011 class, Nebraska is second to none when it comes to QB, RB and LB recruiting. If I were a Husker fan, I would feel very confident that Pelini and staff will compile another Top 25-caliber class come February. And I'll tell you what, IMPO the 2015 class is shaping up to be spectacular. The Huskers are in early with some of the countries best juniors-to-be. TE Alize Jones, OG Martez Ivey, DE Adam McLean, LB Ricky DeBerry, RB Calvin Strong, DE Hale Hentges and CB Eric Lee currently have Nebraska on their short lists and are among the best at their positions for 2015. Since the Pelini-era, I cannot remember Nebraska being in on so many elite juniors this early in the process. If Nebraska can have a BCS Bowl-caliber season on the field come this fall, their efforts in finishing the 2014 and building their 2015 classes will reap the benefits.
This is the best post I have seen for a long time and maybe the best ever and this is coming from a non Husker fan, but a very knowledgeable football guy. You know your stuff and appreciate your unbiased opinions.

I must admit I am a bit surprised to see Husker fans nitpicking their current recruiting class ranking on ESPN and Rivals. I don't see the point of even looking at rankings in June. Kids who are 'committed' to teams whose classes are allegedly ranked higher than Nebraska's will inevitably decommit and Nebraska fans should still have memories of 'commits' like Marcus McWilson, Dominic Walker, Jonathan Cook, Christian Lacouture and Dan Samuelson fresh in their minds.

My point is that Husker fans should feel very excited about the direction the recruiting has gone the past few classes, and is continuing to go. In less than a weeks time, Nebraska picked up commitments from their #1 QB target, #1 OL target, #1 slot-WR target, the #1 K in the '14 class, and IMPO a 4* talent in Tanner Farmer. What is there to be questioning?

Bo Pelini is starting to get the 'father figure' reputation in recruiting circles - and that is a great reputation to have, trust me. Coordinators Tim Beck and John Papuchis are in the elite category of recruiting and Beck in particular is gaining a reputation similar to guys like Gus Malzahn in terms of offensive creativity. Recruits want to play in an offense like Beck's. Terry Joseph is arguably the best recruiter on the staff and among the best in the conference, while guys like Rick Kaczenski and John Garrison are starting to make names for themselves on the recruiting front as well.

IMPO, since the 2011 class, Nebraska is second to none when it comes to QB, RB and LB recruiting. If I were a Husker fan, I would feel very confident that Pelini and staff will compile another Top 25-caliber class come February. And I'll tell you what, IMPO the 2015 class is shaping up to be spectacular. The Huskers are in early with some of the countries best juniors-to-be. TE Alize Jones, OG Martez Ivey, DE Adam McLean, LB Ricky DeBerry, RB Calvin Strong, DE Hale Hentges and CB Eric Lee currently have Nebraska on their short lists and are among the best at their positions for 2015. Since the Pelini-era, I cannot remember Nebraska being in on so many elite juniors this early in the process. If Nebraska can have a BCS Bowl-caliber season on the field come this fall, their efforts in finishing the 2014 and building their 2015 classes will reap the benefits.

Bingo, you hit the nail on the head with that post my friend. GBR and Go Big Bo...

Wait for it folks......you know it's coming....

;)
To discredit N2FL's post would require the critic to discredit the author's expertise on recruiting. If there is some poster here that doesn't respect N2FL's opinion on matters involving recruiting, I have not seen it. To attempt to do so would probably exhibit a lack of wisdom, IMHO. ;)

I totally dis agree with N2NFL. There is no way possible he can be surprised by Husker fans nitpicking anything. Husker fans are 5* nitpickers. If he doesn't know this, he can't know much at all. :)

To discredit N2FL's post would require the critic to discredit the author's expertise on recruiting. If there is some poster here that doesn't respect N2FL's opinion on matters involving recruiting, I have not seen it. To attempt to do so would probably exhibit a lack of wisdom, IMHO. ;)

Wow! Very well said. I only have one thing to add...Thank you!!!

:thumbsup: Excellent

Yes! :thumbsup:

Well, I won't quote the whole thing but it will get my vote.

As to why people nitpick? Some don't like the coach, some are just being their natural selves, some don't know any better, and some are probably being donkeys just for the fun of it. Try to ignore the coach haters & donkeys and enjoy the expertise provided by people like N2FL and others like him.

Well, I won't quote the whole thing but it will get my vote.

As to why people nitpick? Some don't like the coach, some are just being their natural selves, some don't know any better, and some are probably being donkeys just for the fun of it. Try to ignore the coach haters & donkeys and enjoy the expertise provided by people like N2FL and others like him.

Why?

Some are Vampires and some are Werewolves.

Bump.....make sure you read Post 9....should be required reading for all Husker fans....

Well said unfortunately will fly right over those who really need to read this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back