• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

personally speaking

SoCalRed

All Big 10
5 Year Member
this game (UW) was encouraging in so many ways. Miles obviously knows what he's doing, and when he finally has the players he needs in order to compete successfully in the B1G, the Huskers will be a force to be reckoned with.

Not this year, but two years from now, who knows?

I caught a little of this game. Neither team looked terribly well-coached to me, but that's how I feel about 98% of all college basketball teams. Frank Martin and maybe 3-4 other guys are the only ones who I feel really coach well. And Martin might be a psychopath. ;)

But yeah, it's mostly about the players. If Miles can get good ones, he'll be alright.

Last edited:
There's really nothing about THIS game that would give anyone any hope for this season or the future. They shot poorly from the field (37%), from 3 (17%), rebounded poorly and didn't distribute (4 assists on 18 buckets). Wisconsin was only marginally better. The difference in the game was they made 2 more 3s than NU. Unbelievably Wisco hit 3 out of 13 free throws. I could do that left handed with about 10 minutes of practice. It was really a sad example of basketball.

That said there are some reasons for hope. Miles brings new blood to the program. That alone is a positive. We'll see about the transfers. That's a pretty hit and miss prospect. The recruit from NZ looks real good but Miles will have to hit a home run eventually...time will tell on that. This season is really a wash. Nothing much can be gleaned from it...about all you can really hope for is to see effort and maybe a glimpse of one or two of the young guys. Other than that none of the guys "contributing" for NU this year will be around next.

Next year, while the record probably won't be great, will be the year to really look at what happens on the court and get an idea of what the future is going to be like. This year is just really a necessary evil.

this game (UW) was encouraging in so many ways. Miles obviously knows what he's doing, and when he finally has the players he needs in order to compete successfully in the B1G, the Huskers will be a force to be reckoned with.

Not this year, but two years from now, who knows?

Don't get me wrong because I want Miles to be successful. However, what are some of the "many" ways that you are encouraged? Our shooting was awful and I didn't see much difference in our defense from previous years. We gave up way too many offensive rebounds, which probably cost us the game.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back