• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Perfect Ribeyes......

OldHusker

Red Shirt
5 Year Member
Choose the fattest Ribeyes you can find. Let them age for a week in the frig. Marinate them well with Lee and Perrins Worcestershire sauce over night. Grill on charcoal on a very hot grill 400+ degrees. Add some pecan wood chips. About 2 minutes per side flip only once. This is my favorite way to cook Ribeyes, yet I'm always trying new ways to cook them.

side note: always let your meat come to room temp before putting it on the grill.

Last edited:

Choose the fattest Ribeyes you can find. Let them age for a week in the frig. Marinate them well with Lee and Perrins Worcestershire sauce over night. Grill on charcoal on a very hot grill 400+ degrees. Add some pecan wood chips. About 2 minutes per side flip only once. This is my favorite way to cook Ribeyes, yet I'm always trying new ways to cook them.

side note: always let your meat come to room temp before putting it on the grill.

Someone please try this and provide photographic evidence this works the best.

I seriously don't mind if my steak is still mooing when I cut into it...... YUMMY!!!!!

I haven't found that aging in the fridge does much difference, but I have found that if you salt them very well for a few days in advance that helps a lot.

Check out this Serious Eats article

I've taken to cooking at about 225 degrees to start until the steak reaches I think it's 120 (I'll have to look to make sure), then pull it out and grill it at 400-500 degrees for a few minutes per side. You can flip it several times to get the nice char marks and it helps keep cooking even throughout.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back