• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Per SI, IHCMJ accepted the Interim title and stipend - with assurances...

fjbfour

Moderator Emeritus
Staff member
Lifetime Member

If this is accurate, and the new head coach has not already agreed, this is reason #2 to fire Trev. If the new coach has been identified, accepted with a handshake, and agreed to keeping MJ, fantastic.

I doubt this is true though. It can’t be true.

Last edited:
If this is accurate, and the new head coach has not already agreed, this is reason #2 to fire Trev. If the new coach has been identified, accepted with a handshake, and agreed to keeping MJ, fantastic.

I doubt this is true though. It can’t be true.
That’s silly. It just means he’s under contract. That contract, like all the others, can be bought out if necessary. However a wise incoming coach would find a place to keep Mickey. He is a high level recruiter with passion to stay here, and had coached his position group on a national championship caliber team who was carried by its offense. There‘s not much of an argument that keeping him would somehow be a liability.

That’s silly. It just means he’s under contract. That contract, like all the others, can be bought out if necessary. However a wise incoming coach would find a place to keep Mickey. He is a high level recruiter with passion to stay here, and had coached his position group on a national championship caliber team who was carried by its offense. There‘s not much of an argument that keeping him would somehow be a liability.

Unless he has a personality conflict with a coach, or the new coach does not want a previous, popular coach for undermining him in a difficult rebuild. I like MJ. The new coach might hate him.

Unless he has a personality conflict with a coach, or the new coach does not want a previous, popular coach for undermining him in a difficult rebuild. I like MJ. The new coach might hate him.
Sure, then you buy him out. I think all the new assistants will need buyouts as I understand they generally got 2 year contracts. It’s really not a big deal.

A new head coach who ‘hates’ Mickey or has a terrible personality conflict with him is raising some red flags. That doesn’t sound like a very diplomatic guy if he can’t work with a variety of personality types. Yes, the head coach ought to be able to hire the staff he wants, but it’s not unusual for an AD to encourage him to keep a coach or two, a coordinator. It was part of the deal for Notre Dame’s new coach, he had to keep his coordinator.

Sure, then you buy him out. I think all the new assistants will need buyouts as I understand they generally got 2 year contracts. It’s really not a big deal.

A new head coach who ‘hates’ Mickey or has a terrible personality conflict with him is raising some red flags. That doesn’t sound like a very diplomatic guy if he can’t work with a variety of personality types. Yes, the head coach ought to be able to hire the staff he wants, but it’s not unusual for an AD to encourage him to keep a coach or two, a coordinator. It was part of the deal for Notre Dame’s new coach, he had to keep his coordinator.

The assurances word is troublesome, especially if they are pitching that to recruits and the new coach says see ya to MJ. Anyone who came here on the assumption MJ was assured, would not look favorably upon the school for going out of their way to lie to them. This is a slightly different scenario to a coach getting fired and assistants leaving. That threat is always there. This is an assurance after that happened.

Don't be duped by clickbait or led by emotion. Mitch Sherman is laughing at you.

That's some pretty iffy reporting that I wouldn't hang my hat on or start jumping the gun on the "fire Trev" bandwagon.

Interesting that the headline story of the article is not shown but they want us to believe its buried in the full contract. The terms shown are clear that Mickey is in his role month over month with no guarantees that he will remain the HC throughout the remainder of the 2022 season.

It could very likely be the terms that if a new HC is brought in for the 2022 season (aka Urban, Herman or someone else not currently coaching), Mickey is guaranteed to be kept for the remainder of 2022. That would make sense as Urbs wouldn't be able to fill out his staff until after the season anyway.

Not one sentence shown says Mickey will be there beyond 2022.

Reading what was in the tweet, I'm thinking, "Playoffs?? Playoffs?? We're just trying to win a game."

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back