• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Per ESPN we took a step back at QB

yes, he did renegotiate his contract. I thought you knew.

I think you may be living in an alternate universe and see what you want to see. Bo Pelini didn’t become BP on the way out the door. He reacted to his firing exactly how one would have expected hI’m to act based on his actions over his tenure here.

I don‘t see SF acting out the way Bo did when things have gone badly. So, I don’t expect to see him suddenly change if things don’t work out. I expect him to continue to be the same person he has been regardless of what happens.

But I don’t know SF the way you do. You probably have a lot of deep insights I don’t have access to. But if he is asked to move on, it really doesn’t matter how he takes it. The end result will be the same. SF is set for life.

AM is just starting his.
I agree on your points. Bo was gonna be Bo on his way out and tell us the truth in an expletive fashion whether we wanted to hear it or not. That’s not SF. He’s likely to just blame everyone else.

We shall see. KSU was 6-7 last year with a much easier schedule. We were 3-9. If casey leads us to a better record with the same oline that you all like to blame. And KSU does not make a bowl. Then what will you say?
I’ll say congratulations to SF and team if we see great improvement. If we don’t see improvements what will you say?

I agree on your points. Bo was gonna be Bo on his way out and tell us the truth in an expletive fashion whether we wanted to hear it or not. That’s not SF. He’s likely to just blame everyone else.
:Rolf:

I don‘t think it’s healthy to carry this kind of vitriol for anyone. Just give it a rest and let’s see how next season goes. If it doesn’t work out, you may just get your pound of flesh.

But this thread is about whether CT is an upgrade or a downgrade from AM, not yet another outlet for your feelings towards the head coach. i think he may be an upgrade because, based on his tape at Texas, he seems to be able to make passes that AM didn't seem adept at. AM always seemed to struggle with short and intermediate throws. I’m anxious to see how the coaching changes impact offensive production.

Last edited:

ko-fight.gif

No it is fine ro say. Just not necessary to repeat in every thread whether related or not.
Why? You guys keep saying how great SF is doing in every thread. 90 percent of the repetitiveness you allude too is directly a response to overly ambitious koolaid being stated. Do you really believe the other side wants to listen to the non-sense without responding? You guys feel entitled to speak your crap and feel entitled to tell us we are negative bad fans. Way too left for me.

So are we still waiting until fall to see if the Huskers took a step back at QB? Or is it a foregone conclusion already? Some minds are already made up it seems, one way or the other.

We will revisit in the fall ad nauseum. You can take that to the bank...

So are we still waiting until fall to see if the Huskers took a step back at QB? Or is it a foregone conclusion already? Some minds are already made up it seems, one way or the other.

We will revisit in the fall ad nauseum. You can take that to the bank...

I’m waiting until the fall. No way to know what this team will look like. Too many new key players and a new coaching staff. But there are reasons to believe CT could bring some skills that AM lacked. On the other hand, AM has 4 year starter under his belt, though with all the new players, I’m not sure that matters so much. He was a great athlete that could overcome some line issues.

Bottom line though is without an improvement in the line, we may not see much improvement elsewhere, UNLESS CT has the ability to be effective in quick release passes. We seem to have plenty of quality WR’s and RB’s.

We shall see. KSU was 6-7 last year with a much easier schedule. We were 3-9. If casey leads us to a better record with the same oline that you all like to blame. And KSU does not make a bowl. Then what will you say?

Incorrect on their record

K-State was 8-5 including a bowl win over LSU 42'20

They were 4-5 in the BIG 12

Agree much easier schedule

I’m waiting until the fall. No way to know what this team will look like. Too many new key players and a new coaching staff. But there are reasons to believe CT could bring some skills that AM lacked. On the other hand, AM has 4 year starter under his belt, though with all the new players, I’m not sure that matters so much. He was a great athlete that could overcome some line issues.

Bottom line though is without an improvement in the line, we may not see much improvement elsewhere, UNLESS CT has the ability to be effective in quick release passes. We seem to have plenty of quality WR’s and RB’s.
I'm cautiously optimistic that difference in technique being taught on the OL in our zone running schemes will have something of a carry over in our pass blocking. Even if we're relatively pass heavy, if our Offensive Linemen are being taught to fire off the ball more aggressively on running plays it may help keep defenders from pinning their ears back quite so much.

So what happened to the QB discussion?

Other than the standard gas lit Frost sucks Frost is great stuff

Getting a lot of complaints from folk who are fed up with it

Fair Warning I will start thread banning folk who want to go down that well worn rabbit hole

RR

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back