• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Penn St. v. NU--November 2, 2018

Missed the 1st set, started watching when it was 9-9 in the 2nd. Fun game to watch.

The Huskers seem offensively slow compared to last season and I think its mostly due to setting. I think when Hames gets more experienced and has better chemistry with the others, things will dramatically improve.

This team is still very dangerous but inconsistent at times.

Not to mention that they get everyone's "A" game.

Tourney time will be fun to watch once again and a #2 or #3 seed might create a fire no team wants to try to put out.

Tourney time will be fun to watch once again and a #2 or #3 seed might create a fire no team wants to try to put out.
Great comeback to win two straight—the opposite of what happened there. Even winning out and being 24-6, 15-5, won’t get us a top 4 overall seed, but it might still tie for second in the Big 10 and we can do damage in the tourney from a 5-8 seed. Success on the road at Michigan and Purdue is really important,I think.

Thanks for the PBP. I probably will miss tonight's match too, but it was great to win a close match for a change.

LINCOLN, Neb. - The No. 8 Nebraska volleyball celebrated its 250th consecutive regular-season sellout in a big way with a thrilling 3-2 win over No. 7 Penn State in front of a crowd of 8,434 on Friday night at the Bob Devaney Sports Center.

The Huskers (17-6, 8-5 Big Ten) beat a top-10 opponent for the first time in their last six tries after a dominant 15-8 win in the decisive fifth set. Penn State held the upperhand in the match after a 27-25 comeback win in set one and a 25-21 win in set three after the Huskers took set two, 25-19. Needing to win the fourth set to force a game five for the third straight time in the series, the Huskers did so with a 25-18 win. In set five, Lexi Sun, who had a match-high 16 kills, came up with six kills on nine swings to spark the Huskers past the Nittany Lions (18-5, 9-4 Big Ten) for NU's eighth win in the last nine meetings between the teams.

Both teams were stellar defensively, as Nebraska held a .179 to .114 edge in hitting. The mark was a season low for Penn State. The Huskers had 20 blocks, their most since 2006, and their 104 digs were their most in a match since 2004.

Mikaela Foecke had 15 kills and career highs in digs (29) and blocks (six), while Sun had 14 digs to go with her 16 kills. Lauren Stivrins had the first double-double of her career with 13 kills and a career-high 10 blocks. She also hit .522 for the match. Jazz Sweet had seven kills and five blocks, and Callie Schwarzenbach had six kills and nine blocks. Nicklin Hames provided 46 assists and 17 digs. Libero Kenzie Maloney led the Huskers with 23 digs, and Megan Miller contributed 14, matching her career high.

Taylor Leath had 16 kills and 15 digs for Penn State. Kaitlyn Hord had 15 kills and six blocks.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle....98.388354050.1541257439-1300374508.1541257439

Great comeback to win two straight—the opposite of what happened there. Even winning out and being 24-6, 15-5, won’t get us a top 4 overall seed, but it might still tie for second in the Big 10 and we can do damage in the tourney from a 5-8 seed. Success on the road at Michigan and Purdue is really important,I think.
Yes, I meant a 2 or 3 seed in a basketball sense. I forgot that they don't do it that way.

In the video, the #2 play had Kenzie Maloney going over the chairs to save the ball...this play was also on ESPN's Top 10 on the night of the match.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back