• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Penn St. v. NU Match Thread - 12/9/16

I know you never want to go a full 5 sets and deal with the extra wear and tear BUT...... this was just what these girls needed. To have to dig deep and show the class and residency to overcome these odds will do wonders for our girls going forward, exhaustion be damned. GBR

PSU cam ready to play today (we smoked them both matches this year). To me this reminded me of the MN game 2 weeks ago- except we were MN. In that one we were up 2 sets and had a chance to put it away and didnt in the 3rd and they won in 5.

We had better tighten up a few things (block and getting blocked) before tomorrow if we want to take it all again.

We did not smoke them in both matches. We won in 5 sets in Happy Valley. The 5th set score was 15-11. Yes we smoked them in Lincoln. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

I contributed to the win :Stickouttongue:. I listened to the 1st 2 sets then shut it off bc I was mad and needed to act like I was working. Turned out great. Way to fight ladies! Guess I won't be listening or watching tomorrow either!

I contributed to the win :Stickouttongue:. I listened to the 1st 2 sets then shut it off bc I was mad and needed to act like I was working. Turned out great. Way to fight ladies! Guess I won't be listening or watching tomorrow either!

I was the opposite. Didn't get to a TV until the very end of the 3rd set. Figured that they would need my inspiration for the comeback. Carried them to victory in sets 4 and 5. :Imking:

:Sarcasm:

I was the opposite. Didn't get to a TV until the very end of the 3rd set. Figured that they would need my inspiration for the comeback. Carried them to victory in sets 4 and 5. :Imking:

:Sarcasm:

I can match that. I started watching during the break after 2 sets had been played (and lost). The only sets I saw were the 3 that we won. I must have helped turn the tide as well.

Down 2 sets and 2 match points and they won the match. Wow. You don't see that very often. It was fun to watch.

Our Libero served the final 5 points of the match and one of them was an ace through the hands of PSU's top player, Hall. That was really cool.

Last edited:
I missed this game(DAMN IT MAN) but I'll take the win every time, especially over PSU. GREAT JOB LADIES!!!!!

:Banana::Banana::Banana::Banana::Banana::Ironn::Ironn::Ironn:

I forgot to set the DVR and didn't think about watching the replay on WatchESPN before looking up the result. :(

But, a great win!!!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back