• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Penn St used to be....

Power of Corn

Scout Team
10 Year Member
I dont follow the VB too much, but I do know that Penn St was on top of the VB world about
10-12 years ago. Seems that they won about 5 titles out 8 years or something like that, they
were totally dominant. While they are still good, Im just wondering what happened.? They were
like Alabama FB for awhile. I dont think they changed out coaches.

I dont follow the VB too much, but I do know that Penn St was on top of the VB world about
10-12 years ago. Seems that they won about 5 titles out 8 years or something like that, they
were totally dominant. While they are still good, Im just wondering what happened.? They were

Not that long ago. They won back-to-back national titles in 2013 and 2014, and were in the final four in 2017.

They haven't completely disappeared by any means. Currently ranked #10. Part of the issue may be that a lot of the Big Ten is really good now -- there's a lot more competition (especially from Minnesota and Wisconsin). Penn State used to own the Big Ten, and then it was Penn State and Nebraska for a few years when NU first joined the conference.

I just went to their website, they won it all in 99, 07, 08, 09, 10, 13, 14, 6 titles in a 8 yr span, awesome

Nope, Russ Rose, a former NU asst, has been their HC for all their glory years. I notice that he is still old school using a clipboard to chart plays instead of a tablet as most coaches do now.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back