• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Pelini out

I'll be honest, I thought he'd do well at LSU.

I really didn't do a deep dive on personnel to see if they had what makes his defense work, but really didn't expect 'Daico' bad.

Now I'm wondering how much of his previous success is really due to Carl's work.

I absolutely cannot believe they fired him after one season.

Agreed. Orgeron said during the season he wasn't happy with the defensive schemes and discipline (or lack thereof) and I guess what he saw just didn't make him think long term it would get better. LSU tried to go from the 3-4 to the 4-3 via Zoom and without most of spring practice. Then he lost his starting safety and a DT who opted out and declared for the NFL draft before the first game. Then LSU lost All American CB Derek Stingley to a weird allergic reaction that put him in the hospital and kept him out of the last two games against UF and Mississippi State.

IMO what's even more surprising is that he fired Bo after one year even though he had to know it would impact his recruiting class. and it definitely has LB Raesjon Davis (#44 ranked player overall by ESPN) decomitted today, and they'd already lost DE Keanu Koht who flipped to Alabama and S Khari Gee who flipped to Notre Dame on signing day.

Last edited:

I really didn't do a deep dive on personnel to see if they had what makes his defense work, but really didn't expect 'Daico' bad.

Now I'm wondering how much of his previous success is really due to Carl's work.

Losing his starting safety and a DT to the NFL draft even before the season started definitely didn't help.

Last edited:

What’s crazy is his performance this year is arguably worse than Diacos. Poor guy can’t even blame it on lack of talent.

What’s crazy is his performance this year is arguably worse than Diacos. Poor guy can’t even blame it on lack of talent.

Orgeron's statement about lack of discipline from the LSU defense makes me think back to what happened with the Nebraska defense after Bo got fired along with the rest of Solich's staff. We eventually learned that through much of the following season there were players who weren't buying into what Cosgrove was selling at all. Yes, Cosgrove was a horrible DC but guys not buying in didn't help matters any. Bo was hired because Orgeron wanted to move from a 3-4 to a 4-3. I have to wonder whether some LSU players may not have bought into Pelini's system. That, plus trying to install the defense mostly via Zoom, IMO could lead to a bunch of coverage busts and other mistakes.

Last edited:

Diacos D finished 58th to Bos 124th.
We know who had better talent.

Agreed. Orgeron said during the season he wasn't happy with the defensive schemes and discipline (or lack thereof) and I guess what he saw just didn't make him think long term it would get better. LSU tried to go from the 3-4 to the 4-3 via Zoom and without most of spring practice. Then he lost his starting safety and a DT who opted out and declared for the NFL draft before the first game. Then LSU lost All American CB Derek Stingley to a weird allergic reaction that put him in the hospital and kept him out of the last two games against UF and Mississippi State.

IMO what's even more surprising is that he fired Bo after one year even though he had to know it would impact his recruiting class. and it definitely has LB Raesjon Davis (#44 ranked player overall by ESPN) decomitted today, and they'd already lost DE Keanu Koht who flipped to Alabama and S Khari Gee who flipped to Notre Dame on signing day.
LSU finished fourth.
We have three frosh on our O line, no excuses
Out of their top ten recruits from 2020, 7 were on defense, all higher rated thatn Wandale. plus a five star.

Last edited:
He is better than this.. I mean, it kind of looks like he lost that spark. As far as the NU defense while here.. Carl was the man, but his abrupt departure from football tells me something happened.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up on the Illinois staff as a position coach.

After the NU gig, I though the YSU head job was perfect for Bo. Recruiting wasn't has major, could do more hands on coaching, and less spotlight than a major program. I could see him doing that, or even at a small Bowl Subdivision coach, think Bowling Green or Kent State. What I truly hope he does though; I hope he coaches high school. He doesn't need the money, per say, and could impact players when they are truly start becoming men.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back