• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Pelini interested in the Purdue job?

Status
Not open for further replies.
IDK, his tape saying F the fans didn't specifically exclude anyone.
If you accept every word on the tape to be taken literally and without context, then you think he hates all fans, including Jack Hoffman. You probably also think he's a serial rapist. Like I said, your post was bait to pretend to be so naive.

Last edited:

Purdue has always lived in the shadows of college football. Not even garnering a thought from the college football world.

With a BO hire they would instantly become a watchword, media camera's would appear overnight just waiting for the inevitable explosion.

Even TERRIBLE publicity is "good press"................and the name Purdue would be immediately recognizable.

If you accept every word on the tape to be taken literally and without context, then you think he hates all fans, including Jack Hoffman. You probably also think he's a serial rapist. Like I said, your post was bait to pretend to be so naive.
Good grief, no just not able to handle the pressures of coaching a Pt team, the rest of the dribble came from you.

But has he ever taken a non-blueblood program and done anything? All those schools had great history and talent levels most coaches only dream about. That almost guarantees winning on some level. Let's see him take a school like Kansas or Purdue to a winning record.

How many coaches HAVE done this?? That is what prevents them from becoming a blueblood school.

How many coaches HAVE done this?? That is what prevents them from becoming a blueblood school.

There's plenty of examples of previously down trodden teams responding to new coaches to become winners. K-State with Granny, Kansas with Mangino to name two. Herman at Houston. My point is that BP has always had the luxury of talent...and lots of it. Not saying he's not a decent coach...but taking a job like Purdue would expose him one way or another...good or bad.

In preparation for the impending hiring of Bo Pelini for the head coaching position at Purdue, the AD thought it would also be a good time to upgrade the school's mascot to mirror the coaching change and has asked Boilermaker fans for help. Fans have overflowed his inbox with suggestions, and, so far, the almost unanimous choice has been...

images

In preparation for the impending hiring of Bo Pelini for the head coaching position at Purdue, the AD thought it would also be a good time to upgrade the school's mascot to mirror the coaching change and has asked Boilermaker fans for help. Fans have overflowed his inbox with suggestions, and, so far, the almost unanimous choice has been...

images
I'd rather have Bo.

Edit: I missed where you said that this was the new mascot. I thought you were talking about the new coach.

Eh, my words still stand.

Last edited:

Bo's a tool!!!!I hope Purdue hires him, like another poster said it would save us money. Bo's a good DC at best, he is not someone that should be in charge of any program. I guess we will watch this play out sooner or later, might as well be sooner and on Purdue's dime. GBR!!!
You do realize that he probably would work for what he's making at Youngstown just to stick it to Nebraska some more.

Pretty sure they will be... he wins everywhere he coaches at... Nebraska DC, Oklahoma DC, LSU DC, Nebraska HC, Youngstown HC.... go look up the records for all the teams when he was there... must be the luckiest guy in the world to land at such places who dont need him to win... :rolleyes:

That is well documented. All his best years have come with players recruited by other coaches. Once that stream ran dry at NU (the one place he actually stayed for any length of time) we all saw the results and where it was headed; well, some of us did. LOL

I'm willing to bet Bo's negativity and excuse factory about recruiting to NU had as much to do with his firing as his outbursts did. Don't believe me? Check out the thread I just posted.

Last edited:

There's plenty of examples of previously down trodden teams responding to new coaches to become winners. K-State with Granny, Kansas with Mangino to name two. Herman at Houston. My point is that BP has always had the luxury of talent...and lots of it. Not saying he's not a decent coach...but taking a job like Purdue would expose him one way or another...good or bad.

No doubt Snyder fits the category, but Mangino and his 50-48 record is kind of a stretch. Herman probably won't be at Houston long enough to make an assessment.

I guess I have heard the NU didn't have talent when BP was the coach, so not sure about the bolded either. I don't know how he would do at Purdue, but resurrecting that program won't be easy. Kind of like making NU a powerhouse in basketball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back