• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Pelini interested in the Purdue job?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because of 1 outburst where the officials called PI on a 4th down desperation heave from the #1 team in the country... effectively eliminating his team from playoff contention?

A few corrections:

1. It was a 10 yard pass
2. It was clearly PI
3. It was 3rd and 3 from YSU's 17 yard line, not 4th down
4. YSU still could have stopped NDSU, so the call did not do Pelini in.

Because of 1 outburst where the officials called PI on a 4th down desperation heave from the #1 team in the country... effectively eliminating his team from playoff contention?

Yeah I can think of about 45 FBS coaches that would have reacted in a nearly identical fashioned...
serious question. Are you related to Pelini? You do know he is not our coach anymore. You are under no obligation to keep defending him. I admire what he did here. However the frog came with a lot of warts and he never got kissed and became a prince. In the end he was just another frog in the pond.

A few corrections:

1. It was a 10 yard pass
2. It was clearly PI
3. It was 3rd and 3 from YSU's 17 yard line, not 4th down
4. YSU still could have stopped NDSU, so the call did not do Pelini in.

I seemed to recall it was 4th down and it was a heave because the QB was under pressure and scrambling but if I was mistaken... my apologies... I don't follow the Penguins like I follow a few other Valley teams that some friends work for.

He should not have lost it but it was a critical call and a turning point in the season against an almost mythical opponent (the Alabama of FCS).. it would feel very much like the Valley officials protecting their prized Bison team.

Last edited:

serious question. Are you related to Pelini? You do know he is not our coach anymore. You are under no obligation to keep defending him. I admire what he did here. However the frog came with a lot of warts and he never got kissed and became a prince. In the end he was just another frog in the pond.

Nope I just think some of our fan base is delusional... same way I think firing Mark Richt down my way was delusional... I think Bo and SE were like water and oil and it ran its course... SE seems like femine hygene product to me and Bo called a spade a spade...

I follow how Frank and Turner are doing as well...

And not a lot of "frogs" have Pelinis coaching record as an asst or a head coach.. FYI... won every place he coached...

Last edited:
It would be kind of nice to have Bo on the other sideline, and then when he inevitably blows up (because Purdue), the camera can show him in all his glory and then cut to his polar opposite on the other side of the field.

Nope I just think some of our fan base is delusional... same way I think firing Mark Richt down my way was delusional... I think Bo and SE were like water and oil and it ran its course... SE seems like femine hygene product to me and Bo called a spade a spade...

And not a lot of "frogs" have Pelinis coaching record as an asst or a head coach.. FYI... won every place he coached...
Are you saying that it was a mistake getting rid of Bo? That we should have just lived with his antics? That because he was willing to speak his mind he should have been given free reign, despite the fact that what was on his mind was pretty awful?

Nebraska will sign 1 or 2 5* players in a decade... not sure why nobody grasps that... we get 4* but often guys that we are willing to take on as an academic reach or personality risk.

I hope that trend goes away someday but our beloved Nebraska is considered a flyover state... and ESPN laughs at us on Gameday... recruits see that.

I think this is the most you've posted in a thread all season. You should visit the recruiting forum, none of the 4* guys commited are what you say and we have interest in more than a couple 5* guys, and that is just this year. Definite uptick in recruiting.

C

Yeah I can think of about 45 FBS coaches that would have reacted in a nearly identical fashioned...
:wow: Start naming....maybe 3 or 4 would absolutely melt down but the majority of coaches have at least a bit more perspective and self control. Bo is Bo...he is going to do what Bo does...some folks liked it...others didn't.

And not a lot of winning coaches get blown out(defined by losing 3 or more touchdown loss)at least once a year either. The only year he did not have one of those games was 2010. EVERY other year had at least one most had more than one. Also most winning coaches do not have NCAA records set against their teams. (hello Wisconsin)

It was way more than one outburst, he got two flags and all kept going at the refs after the game ended. His press conference was a gem as well.

C

Are you saying that it was a mistake getting rid of Bo? That we should have just lived with his antics? That because he was willing to speak his mind he should have been given free reign, despite the fact that what was on his mind was pretty awful?

Never said that... I think when you feel like your athletic department and president are actively working to make your life miserable in hopes that you quit a lot of toxic spewing will happen... I wish you people knew some of the things that FBS coaches say behind closed doors when they think they are among their confidants... I had no issues with the sideline outbursts because I watch Saban, Muschamp (circa florida) and Jimbo do it weekly... the camera is just not 24/7 focused on them waiting for the next blow up.

I am so far pleased with HCMR... I hope the upward trend continues.. I just don't see a coach getting angry on the sidelines as a fireable offense... I personally think Nebraska was going to be a 10 or 11 win team last year and we pulled the plug to soon..

I also think people grow has human beings... Bo will be back in a major HC position again some day... his defenses prove year in and year out that he knows how to coach and run a clean program.

Last edited:

He's only been a HC at one place (prior to Youngstown, of course)

And not a lot of winning coaches get blown out(defined by losing 3 or more touchdown loss)at least once a year either. The only year he did not have one of those games was 2010. EVERY other year had at least one most had more than one. Also most winning coaches do not have NCAA records set against their teams. (hello Wisconsin)
As a pretty successfull college football gambler... I can say without quesiton... you don't know much about point spreads and how often teams get throttled... they all do save Bama and Ohio St...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back