• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Pelini interested in the Purdue job?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top "10" in the country

missed an important sentence qualifier...
LOL ok I'll give you that. I think there has been a lot of coaching up that went into that. I will admit that he brought in the occasional good player. His best years thought were the years he had someone else's players. His recruiting classes went down over time.

You must have because most of our current team are Pelini players, including our current stars. Give credit where credit is due. :nod:
He was an average recruiter who brought in the occasional 4* and no 5* that I can recall. His highest rated players often did not make it to campus or left after 1 or 2 years. Yes most the guys now are from him. Yes they are doing well. However he left huge holes in certain positions.

Given the fact that Nebraska will pay the lion's share of his salary for a few years it might make sense.

He was an average recruiter who brought in the occasional 4* and no 5* that I can recall. His highest rated players often did not make it to campus or left after 1 or 2 years. Yes most the guys now are from him. Yes they are doing well. However he left huge holes in certain positions.

Nebraska will sign 1 or 2 5* players in a decade... not sure why nobody grasps that... we get 4* but often guys that we are willing to take on as an academic reach or personality risk.

I hope that trend goes away someday but our beloved Nebraska is considered a flyover state... and ESPN laughs at us on Gameday... recruits see that.

Last edited:

Pelini is not stupid. If given another opportunity at a B1G school you just might see a different coach. Save the Pelini negativity for another day. He doesn't even have the job.

And some folks said Pelini would learn from his temper issues at NU and be a different coach at Youngstown. Looks very much like the same coach to me.

Personally I wouldn't want to see his negativity back in the Big Ten but it would be mildly entertaining to see his outbursts on the other sideline when playing NU.

And some folks said Pelini would learn from his temper issues at NU and be a different coach at Youngstown. Looks very much like the same coach to me.

Personally I wouldn't want to see his negativity back in the Big Ten but it would be mildly entertaining to see his outbursts on the other sideline when playing NU.
Because of 1 outburst where the officials called PI on a 4th down desperation heave from the #1 team in the country... effectively eliminating his team from playoff contention?

Yeah I can think of about 45 FBS coaches that would have reacted in a nearly identical fashioned...

I truely hope he gets it and does well there, Nebr was certainly better when BP left than when he got here, he just couldnt get us over the last hump of 9/10 wins into the consistant 11-2, 11-3 seasons, and top 10 rankings....

of course getting sideways with ones boss never helps either.

It would be fun to have him in our division, it would cause some talk, thats for sure. I know his parting shots were ugly, but I dont think hes a bad guy, just a super passionate guy whose emotions get the best of him, every once in awhile. And the fishbowl here was getting to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back