• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Pelini interested in the Purdue job?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Bo was happy to be back home in Youngstown to raise his family. I dont think he would be a good fit for Purdue.
I am sure he is happy... he has a 5-1 football team with its lone loss in a good game at West Virginia.... He has a top 5 defense and his offense still has not find its stride..

That being said... FCS football and what you get from the university is far different... I think Purdue might be a nice fit... his guys have always done well academically.

So this team is not currently reaping the fact Bo and his staff did a nice job recruiting skilled position players... heck...Collins Valentine and Gregory (sort of) and host of others are in the NFL... (say what you want about their personalities, work ethic last year and year before)....keep in mind this is not 1996...

Armstrong (the football player, not neccessarily the QB) Westerkamp, Carter, Gerry, Banderas, Newby x 2, Kalu, Williams, Farmer... these are pretty darn good football players that were brought to Nebraska by Pelini and his staff... certainly players with talent that would be major, major upgrades for Purdue...

We all know about the LB situation when Bo was fired... and the depth on the D line was depleted as well (thanks to early draft entry) but cupbourd was not exactly bare... we are top 10 in the country right now (whether anyone wants to admit that)

Shows what a good coach can do

Bo's a tool!!!!I hope Purdue hires him, like another poster said it would save us money. Bo's a good DC at best, he is not someone that should be in charge of any program. I guess we will watch this play out sooner or later, might as well be sooner and on Purdue's dime. GBR!!!

Last edited:

Well, if he takes the job and makes Purdue decent again, at least we know that he'll choke against any respectable program so we can rest easy.

i think he would do well at purdue. absolutely zero expectations with no pressure to "win now" or anything...i think the enormity of the NU job brought out the worst parts of BPs personality. at Purdue, he wouldn't have to deal with any of that.
Purdue fans would be walking around asking... "Who is this Pelini guy"? :Biggrin:

So this team is not currently reaping the fact Bo and his staff did a nice job recruiting skilled position players... heck...Collins Valentine and Gregory (sort of) and host of others are in the NFL... (say what you want about their personalities, work ethic last year and year before)....keep in mind this is not 1996...

Armstrong (the football player, not neccessarily the QB) Westerkamp, Carter, Gerry, Banderas, Newby x 2, Kalu, Williams, Farmer... these are pretty darn good football players that were brought to Nebraska by Pelini and his staff... certainly players with talent that would be major, major upgrades for Purdue...

We all know about the LB situation when Bo was fired... and the depth on the D line was depleted as well (thanks to early draft entry) but cupbourd was not exactly bare... we are top 10 in the country right now (whether anyone wants to admit that)

Yeah, but recruiting was trending down. Couldn't land any highly rated DT's, LB QB's or RB's the last few years.

Did well with OL, DB's though.

Last edited:
I am sure he is happy... he has a 5-1 football team with its lone loss in a good game at West Virginia.... He has a top 5 defense and his offense still has not find its stride..

That being said... FCS football and what you get from the university is far different... I think Purdue might be a nice fit... his guys have always done well academically.

That is true and Purdue can be a good spot. I lived in Lafayette for 3 years during the Brees/Orton era and they did well under Joe Tiller. Big area to recruit, 100 miles S of Chicago and close to Ohio...Lots of talent nearby and some history and lower expectations than Nebraska. Maybe it could work if Bo can control his anger issues.

I bet they go for the WAMU guy.

That is true and Purdue can be a good spot. I lived in Lafayette for 3 years during the Brees/Orton era and they did well under Joe Tiller. Big area to recruit, 100 miles S of Chicago and close to Ohio...Lots of talent nearby and some history and lower expectations than Nebraska. Maybe it could work if Bo can control his anger issues.

I bet they go for the WAMU guy.

I would go for Fleck myself...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back