• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Pelini interested in the Purdue job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The correct call was made, and Pelini's childish antics killed any chance YSU had of getting in FG range and tying the game.
Was not denying any of that... just saying I have some empathy for that happening to a team after they blew a 14 pt 4th q lead over the best FCS program in the country... He is and has always been a work in progress.

One little aside... The former Ga Tech AD (Bobinsky) is now the new man at Purdue... he did not get along with Paul Johnson at all... Paul does not back down to anyone and is pretty much a grouch... Pelini might not be a good fit there on that level.

Last edited:
FYI - Purdue still doesn't have lights.

But in all fairness, lights are part of the 2017 investment plan.
Yea I saw Purdue was down to their last 2.4 billion in their endowment... :Biggrin:

Lights, lights.. that would imply a couple of fans might actually show up for night game!!

Was not denying any of that... just saying I have some empathy for that happening to a team after they blew a 14 pt 4th q lead over the best FCS program in the country... He is and has always been a work in progress.

But you also think just about any FBS coach would have done the same, and that's just not true. Pelini got back-to-back unsportsmanlike penalties called on him. I'm not sure that's ever happened. And the worst part about it, his team still had a shot until he ruined it!

Blowing a 14 point lead late sucks! But it takes a special kind of someone to blame everyone else but himself when things go bad. The world is not out to get Bo, yet he acts like it is.

Last edited:

I don't mean to be a tease (heck, I wasn't even sure if anyone cared :)).

I have yet to receive a single negative response regarding Bo...

Who is Bo? The name seems to be familiar but i just can't put my finger on it. I met a clown named Bo Bo once. no that's not him. i sure it will come back to me.

Because of 1 outburst where the officials called PI on a 4th down desperation heave from the #1 team in the country... effectively eliminating his team from playoff contention?

Yeah I can think of about 45 FBS coaches that would have reacted in a nearly identical fashioned...
Really? ... one outburst.

We played nobody good enough to blow us out last year... very average Wisconsin, Iowa was not built to blow anyone out, Sparty maybe.... I appreciate the teams willingness to compete and the coaches finding ways to keep us in ball games... I will say that I was in Miami last year... we were getting blown out... They took their foot off the gas...
What was wiscy's record when they boat raced us with the SAME play over and over again??? Most would have called them an average team.

Just heard some insider information from a very very wonderful source that Nebraska wants Bo Pelini back.

Says Nebraska enjoys the good natured simplicity of Mike Riley, but doesn't feel that it has improved their youtube hits #s.

The source says deep down inside, Nebraska looks to Texas as their ultimate goal.

"Trust me, I know the Nebraska people, and they would trade Larry (cable guy) for Mathew McConoughy in a heartbeat. They also like female vaginas much more than corn cobs. This is why we talk so much crap about Texas all the time......we secretly are envious of the most wonderful program in NCAA history".

I can't name the specific source as he told me in confidence.

What was wiscy's record when they boat raced us with the SAME play over and over again??? Most would have called them an average team.
It was not pretty and certainly the biggest blemish on Pelinis career in my opinion, that and the Gordon game. In his defense we had Cameron Meredith playing D tackle in. The Big 10 CCG...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back