• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Pelini defense - too hard for the young guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Those former players... they don't know what they are talking about!! They should just move on quietly or toe the company line.

After all is said and done, Bo better either make his scheme work with these players or change/modify to play to the strengths of his players. As they say, insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Correct me if I'm wrong (not all at once, spread it out please) but weren't we running a different defense in the Big 12? Possibly easier to learn?

Pretty sure he was still running the two-gap because of Suh. He had the flexibility to create the Peso to combat the Big 12 offenses because of all the great talent at his disposal.

Last edited:

But you can't recruit competitive talent to Nebraska,

My question was- That you, PJ?

Those former players... they don't know what they are talking about!! They should just move on quietly or toe the company line.

Yeah...don't they recognize perfection?

If it was my comment you are responding to, this was what PJ had to say the other day at Jay Foreman's "roundtable" discussion:

- The SEC just simply has a different kind of athlete that no one "around here can compare to." They are bigger, faster, and stronger and most of them won't come to Nebraska because "it's in middle of no where and there is nothing to do in Nebraska."

I'd be interested in your perspective of this quote coming from a player. I think we all know what your reaction would be if a Nebraska coach had said the same thing...

Last edited:
I'd be interested in your perspective of this quote coming from a player. I think we all know what your reaction would be if a Nebraska coach had said the same thing...

I think you can take a 22 year old's word for things that he was a part of, or things that he witnessed. If you start looking to 22 year olds for wisdom or expertise concerning life, or the world, or how others act, you are generally out of luck, unless you are talking about video games.

Last edited:
I think you can take a 22 year old's word for things that he was a part of, or things that he witnessed. If you start looking to 22 year olds for wisdom or expertise concerning life, or the world, or how others act, you are generally out of luck, unless you are talking about video games.

I agree.

Last edited:

Pretty sure he was still running the two-gap because of Suh. He had the flexibility to create the Peso to combat the Big 12 offenses because of all the great talent at his disposal.

The beauty of the two-gap is its adaptability against different offenses.

But you still have to have the talent to run it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back