• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Paul Johnson

bilsker

Tom Osborne
15 Year Member
For those interested in this guy's gimmicks offense...take a peak at the halftime box score v Clemson. Ridiculous.

For those interested in this guy's gimmicks offense...take a peak at the halftime box score v Clemson. Ridiculous.
Pretty bad for sure. I still think he's a good coach, but his offense needs some major additions to it. It certainly looks decent when he has the athletes to run it. Looks like GT is lacking in that regard.

Pretty bad for sure. I still think he's a good coach, but his offense needs some major additions to it. It certainly looks decent when he has the athletes to run it. Looks like GT is lacking in that regard.
Because nobody with talent wants to run that offense any longer.

Because nobody with talent wants to run that offense any longer.
You are correct. He needs to evolve for sure. The run concepts are fine, but he needs a threat of the pass. He doesn't have that. Love to see that offense with 25-35 passes a game, coupled with the run schemes he has. It would be a whole lot more attractive. Also, GT is tough to get into. That doesn't help him.

You are correct. He needs to evolve for sure. The run concepts are fine, but he needs a threat of the pass. He doesn't have that. Love to see that offense with 25-35 passes a game, coupled with the run schemes he has. It would be a whole lot more attractive. Also, GT is tough to get into. That doesn't help him.
Schools like GT and Stanford get kids in that wouldn't get in otherwise.

End of the 3rd quarter, GT has 80 yards of offense.

I figured this thread would pop up. Can't disagree with it though, other than I wouldn't call it a "gimmick" offense. I still think it works with talent, had PJ come to Lincoln instead of BP I don't think his results would have been much better than they are at GT, if at all.

Don't want coach Ken to fail at Navy but if he ever leaves I would hope PJ would go back.

very hard to try and mesh much passing in with a pure option attack. So much practice time has to be allotted to the timing of the option that its hard to also have a complex passing as practice time is extremely limited. The other main downfall is that the schemes traditionally call for two very different skillsets from the offensive line.

Really looked like Clemson was just too fast for GT to even get in any sort of rhythm.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back