• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Patience

Rowdy Reddy Piper

Don't Bother Runnin'...
5 Year Member
I have to be honest, I've hated "Patience" by GnR since the day it came out. Can't stand that song. Thought it was just awful.

With that out of the way, a recent Chris Cornell remake was released. And I LOVE IT. Sometimes, the song isn't crap, it's the artist. I like GnR just fine, don't get me wrong, but this is not a song for them. Cornell OWNS this. He took a song that I hate and turned it into something amazing.

I agree @Rowdy Reddy Piper ... Added it to my core playlist immediately.

I didn't hate the original though ... liked it quite a bit. But Cornell's cover is AMAZING.
I'm sad for his family and his hardcore fans. I enjoyed his projects but didn't really dive into them until after his death, and developed a real appreciation for his talent. He did an amazing job on this one.

I have to be honest, I've hated "Patience" by GnR since the day it came out. Can't stand that song. Thought it was just awful.

With that out of the way, a recent Chris Cornell remake was released. And I LOVE IT. Sometimes, the song isn't crap, it's the artist. I like GnR just fine, don't get me wrong, but this is not a song for them. Cornell OWNS this. He took a song that I hate and turned it into something amazing.

Interesting.

For the record, I actually like the GNR original.

Can’t listen to the cover at work, but I will tonight.

Interesting.

For the record, I actually like the GNR original.

Can’t listen to the cover at work, but I will tonight.
Yeah I know I'm in the minority a lot of times when it comes to music. While I have a broad range of taste, I also have a pretty short tolerance for music I don't care for either. I've been hooked on a chillhop jazz channel on youtube that I play in the background. Normally not a jazz person, but I've been playing that one almost daily for a few months. Then I hear the music on Bosch, and that intro song is an earbug.

I guess I like GnR for their rock and better-ballads like Don't Cry and November Rain.

Such a unique voice, so much passion in his singing. He must have been really tortured inside his own head and mind. It's a shame he didn't stay on our planet longer and make more music. Our world needs more music that touches our souls.

THANKS for posting this one..... :):thumbsup:

Such a unique voice, so much passion in his singing. He must have been really tortured inside his own head and mind. It's a shame he didn't stay on our planet longer and make more music. Our world needs more music that touches our souls.

THANKS for posting this one..... :):thumbsup:
Cornell also did a cover of Nothing Compares to You. Prince version is ok, Sinead O'Connor's is pretty darn good, but Cornell's version will have Mr. Rogers cutting with traffic (results) rather than across the street (attention). It is incredible.

Cornell also did a cover of Nothing Compares to You. Prince version is ok, Sinead O'Connor's is pretty darn good, but Cornell's version will have Mr. Rogers cutting with traffic (results) rather than across the street (attention). It is incredible.
You definitely missed the thread where his version was talked about. It's a great version, but you should know that Prince wrote the song and Sinead's version is a cover and so is Cornell's version.

You definitely missed the thread where his version was talked about. It's a great version, but you should know that Prince wrote the song and Sinead's version is a cover and so is Cornell's version.
I know all of that. Just threw it out here as well. That's why I mentioned Prince, O'Connor, etc.

Agree. Here's another that I absolutely HATED the original. Bad Wolves absolutely nailed this.

Chris Cornell, did a lot of acoustic covers, and for the most part they are all very good. The song from GnR that I couldn't stand was Paradise City. It ranks right up there with Free Bird and Slow Ride for songs that should end 5 minutes before they do.

Agree. Here's another that I absolutely HATED the original. Bad Wolves absolutely nailed this.

I liked the original well enough. Not a regular listen, but it was ok. The Bad Wolves did a good job, but I can't watch the video and take it seriously. They are trying to be way too in-depth and artsy at the same time. I'll give the lead singer this... if they remake "The Lost Boys" he should definitely play 'David'. Plus, I kind of put the Bad Wolves in the same category as Five Finger Cover Punch, which is overall not a great place to be. Just my opinion, I know a lot of folks like the Bad Wolves, but I just haven't caught that train.

I liked the original well enough. Not a regular listen, but it was ok. The Bad Wolves did a good job, but I can't watch the video and take it seriously. They are trying to be way too in-depth and artsy at the same time. I'll give the lead singer this... if they remake "The Lost Boys" he should definitely play 'David'. Plus, I kind of put the Bad Wolves in the same category as Five Finger Cover Punch, which is overall not a great place to be. Just my opinion, I know a lot of folks like the Bad Wolves, but I just haven't caught that train.

Delores O'Roirdan is there a more Irish sounding name for a singer.

And yeah, I would throw this band in with FFDP.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back