• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Passed up by Minnesota and now Illinois this year

It’s a sad day to be the second worst team in the West Conference, no matter what anyone says. I’m not going to applaud other teams that are having better years than the Huskers. That’s for their fans to do. The last five years of Husker football have been disastrous. I think it’ll be another few more to even be in the top tier of the West now with the talent we have. When SF’s 2019 recruiting class is Senior’s, that is when I’ll know how progress is going.

It's bad enough to always be chasing Wisconsin and Iowa in the division, but now it appears that Minnesota and Illinois have surpassed us. It's a good thing we played Illinois back when we did rather than sometime in late October or November.
Look at the bright side...there's no place to go but UP!

I know a lot of folks poo poo the importance, but if that can happen, it would be huge.
Isn’t it sad that a bad team, the worst teams, don’t get the extra practices? That just doesn’t even make sense to me. Let’s not let the bad teams have any post season practices because they didn’t make a bowl game? Crazy. The ones that need it the most. Lol

Folks, I know we stink right now, but I do believe that our best days are ahead. The Wisconsins, Iowas, Illinois and Minnesota's of the the world will be funny to us in future years.

With the changes in the football world (Think money from TV contracts) I don't think any team is going to be funny to us in futrure years regardless of Nebraska's improvement.

Let’s play Jeopardy. Answer: Team that leads the nation in forced fumbles. Question: Who is Illinois?
Answer: Team that leads the nation in fumbles recovered. Question: Who is Illinois?

They are also 2nd in the nation in turnover margin. What Nebraska is failing to do, Illinois is doing. Forcing turnovers. So no, MSU didn’t beat themselves. Illinois forced the issue.

It never ceases to amaze me how some fans try to minimize the accomplishments of teams who are passing us by or are better than us because they are somehow luckier than we are.

You might be the most negative person on this board and that's saying something. You seem like you need a hug or maybe just check out for the rest of this season. This can't be good for your health.

Let’s play Jeopardy. Answer: Team that leads the nation in forced fumbles. Question: Who is Illinois?
Answer: Team that leads the nation in fumbles recovered. Question: Who is Illinois?

They are also 2nd in the nation in turnover margin. What Nebraska is failing to do, Illinois is doing. Forcing turnovers. So no, MSU didn’t beat themselves. Illinois forced the issue.

It never ceases to amaze me how some fans try to minimize the accomplishments of teams who are passing us by or are better than us because they are somehow luckier than we are.

Your point would be valid except the MSU turnovers were for interceptions on 3 of them and 1 fumble. IIl got lucky to win that game here are the stats

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191110-124207_ESPN.jpg
    Screenshot_20191110-124207_ESPN.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 49

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back