• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Parsing the Huskers Coaching Possibilities

From the article:

Being completely hypothetical here, I think he'd (Joseph) have to come to Trev with; "I am going to keep Busch and Applewhite and move on from everyone else on the staff. My brother Vance has agreed to come and run the defense and I'm gonna hand the offense over to Tom Herman. I'm going to bring Ed Orgeron in here to coach the D-line and be my assistant head coach." Again, completely hypothetical, but that's the sort of staff I think he'd have to bring to Alberts.

I would be ecstatic for that set up. On paper at least.

The two posters on the site that I always wanted to read are Parnell and whoever *** was. *** apparently doesn't post anymore so I don't see his thoughts, but luckily Parnell does. This is a really good first article. I look forward to the next one.
Did the word filter convert the poster's name to ***?

If so, that is pretty funny. Apparently we aren't even allowed to mention his screen name. :Biggrin:

Good article, Jeremy. The only thing I would disagree with is this:

While some Frost apologists will never accept it, Severe and Stai echoed stories I've been told from several sources I trust dating back to 2019.
Other than Frost's parents, who are these unaccepting apologists you are referring to? I would challenge you or anyone here to provide one....ONE person who says he wishes Scott Frost was still coaching this team.

Y'all need to stop with this nonsense.

The two posters on the site that I always wanted to read are Parnell and whoever *** was. *** apparently doesn't post anymore so I don't see his thoughts, but luckily Parnell does. This is a really good first article. I look forward to the next one.
I do wish MABC (Middle Aged Ball Coach) would join once in a while. He has some good insights on the line play (or in our case lack thereof).

Last edited:

From the article:

I would be ecstatic for that set up. On paper at least.
I feel like this would be a backup plan if you wanted Aranda and he turned down the job. I could see Aranda coming and keeping Joseph on board for his role prior to the interim job (LSU connection), bringing in Herman to run the offense (they are close friends/roommates in college), he would run the defense.

Also, not fully convinced that Vance would want to move from the NFL to college, just to do Mickey a solid.

I think Mickey is doing and saying all the right things . . . but deep down, I don't think he's really all that giddy about being the HC here. He made a comment about not liking being up in front of the cameras but doing it because he has to at his last presser. Seems like the person Trev hires to right the ship needs to be able to coach and be comfortable with the limelight.

Would love to see Mickey retained in some way and the new HC would be nuts not to find a spot. I just think Mickey's calling and strength is as an assistant. Nothing wrong with that.

Good article, Jeremy. The only thing I would disagree with is this:

Other than Frost's parents, who are these unaccepting apologists you are referring to? I would challenge you or anyone here to provide one....ONE person who says he wishes Scott Frost was still coaching this team.

Y'all need to stop with this nonsense.
If all these wonderful in the know insiders would have been willing to share all the shortcomings they knew for three years, Frost apologists wouldn't have been carrying his water for the past three years, mostly. Now, they want to tell the story, and blame those that weren't aware of what was going on.

It was a decent article, but he can get bent on the name calling

I think Mickey is doing and saying all the right things . . . but deep down, I don't think he's really all that giddy about being the HC here. He made a comment about not liking being up in front of the cameras but doing it because he has to at his last presser. Seems like the person Trev hires to right the ship needs to be able to coach and be comfortable with the limelight.

Would love to see Mickey retained in some way and the new HC would be nuts not to find a spot. I just think Mickey's calling and strength is as an assistant. Nothing wrong with that.
MJ is a tough guy, he can handle the more undesirable things.
I want a coach who wins the games not the press conference.

If all these wonderful in the know insiders would have been willing to share all the shortcomings they knew for three years, Frost apologists wouldn't have been carrying his water for the past three years, mostly. Now, they want to tell the story, and blame those that weren't aware of what was going on.

It was a decent article, but he can get bent on the name calling
To be fair there have been people talking about the shortcomings, but they were all anonymous posters on a forum and not someone in a position with more credibility so I can understand the hesitation to believe the things that were being said.

Husker nation needs a lot of healing, I'll get it started:

If Mickey Joseph wants the job, I am pulling for him. He's a great recruiter, his position players get better under his coaching, and he handles the media presence required of head coaches.

Of course the Huskers have to finish strong. I think the assumption that he would have to make a bowl is wrong. This team is weak. Haven't beaten a power 5 in a year. If he could get them to 5 or 6 wins that would be successful.

Assuming he brings in great coordinators and assistants, as suggested in the article, he would be a good catch. And I think having a black head coach with all the qualities listed above makes it so.

I feel this way also. I am not sure he really wants the job. He will do all he can to help this team win this year, because that is the type of guy he is, but he may say no thanks even if he can win 3,4 even 5 games going forward.

I am not real sure that Dave Aranda would fit the bill as a coach that is comfortable in the limelight. I think he tolerates it, but doesn't really enjoy it. He isn't Urban Meyer or Lane Kiffin.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back