• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

Paprika

Residents of  Arizona,  Iowa  and  Colorado  can get up to $1,111 in free bets with BetFred.

Squatchsker

All American
15 Year Member
So we had a bunch of cherry peppers, and some lunchbox sweets that we force ripened in a paper bag after stripping out our plants. This morning I sliced them, cleaned them, and they went in for a cold smoke for about three hours. Now they are in the dehydrator and I will be making paprika tomorrow. Might throw in a baby dried habanero for a little extra heat. I know, it is not a "true paprika", but I think it will do. Have a great day all.
peppers.jpg

RedStones

If you aren't on the right, you're wrong.
10 Year Member
So we had a bunch of cherry peppers, and some lunchbox sweets that we force ripened in a paper bag after stripping out our plants. This morning I sliced them, cleaned them, and they went in for a cold smoke for about three hours. Now they are in the dehydrator and I will be making paprika tomorrow. Might throw in a baby dried habanero for a little extra heat. I know, it is not a "true paprika", but I think it will do. Have a great day all.
View attachment 72923

What do you use to cold smoke? My Traeger won't work below 100°

Squatchsker

All American
15 Year Member
Success. Now to use the resulting sweet heat, it came out at a nice sneaky medium without the habanero, on some chops that I cut out of a half loin.
Have a great day fellas.

Visit the Sports Illustrated Husker site

GET TICKETS

Save 10 percent or more on gas.