• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Pair of walk-ons retire, thank pretty much everyone, except Riley

You weren't kidding about thanking everyone but Riley.

Frost, Duvall, Ruud...... and then Pelini and Jamrog.

To me this was extremely petty especially coming from walk ons who apparently felt the need to purposely go out of their way to thank everyone but Mike Riley. They thanked Pelini for recruiting them as Juniors so I would assume that MR agreed to honor their walk on status once he got to Lincoln. He was a good guy that failed as a coach and to me this reeks of trying to stir up unnecessary drama and attention to football careers that before today I had never heard of. I also found the retired comment and long announcement as odd and bordering on grandstanding. I would liken it to me putting up one of those long farewell posts that took a few shots at HuskerMax members on the way out....most of you would read it and say who the hell was that guy?

To me this was extremely petty especially coming from walk ons who apparently felt the need to purposely go out of their way to thank everyone but Mike Riley. They thanked Pelini for recruiting them as Juniors so I would assume that MR agreed to honor their walk on status once he got to Lincoln. He was a good guy that failed as a coach and to me this reeks of trying to stir up unnecessary drama and attention to football careers that before today I had never heard of. I also found the retired comment and long announcement as odd and bordering on grandstanding. I would liken it to me putting up one of those long farewell posts that took a few shots at HuskerMax members on the way out....most of you would read it and say who the hell was that guy?
who-the-hell-is-this-guy.jpg

You can't set me up like that. I don't have the willpower to resist.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back