• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Pair of walk-ons retire, thank pretty much everyone, except Riley

I had bowed out of this about a week ago as I was making too much out of it. To answer your question-if I were these twins, yes I would. MR was the coach who allowed them to walk on to the team. Even being a walkon at Nebraska has life long perks in the State. Looks great on a resume. I would thank the guy that gave me that opportunity. Common courtesy and just being a decent human being should dictate that.

Every coach we've ever had has 'allowed' walk-ons. Don't try to make a saint of MR.

That isn't even the annoying part of the post. Nobody knows who these guys were. Very few care. It was an attention seeking exercise. A lame one at that.

I agree. I hate to be that guy, but I believe their post is an example of what our society has done to create the Generation Z era.

If you read their tweet they went out of their way to thank Pelini who recruited the as Juniors , so yes he was involved. I have a real problem with two average football players that were given an opportunity to live out their dreams by Mike Riley then they somehow felt the need to stab him in the back on the way out. It’s low rent and chickenshart move. Would you condone that behavior out of your son?

Does anyone on this message board (or more specifically this thread) know the whole situation here? How do we know the former coach didn't tell these two they were a$$holes who would never amount to anything and he owed someone a favor to keep them on the walk on roster? Sounds very out of character from the former coach, but unless anyone knows the whole story, this is all just opinion. 20 year olds are just that- 20 year olds. You may be right about this being a back stab job, but I'm not sure why a few are getting so upset over it. I doubt this is even big news past this board and a few other close to the team/coaches/players. I wonder if the players' parents are even aware they posted this farewell (in reference to you asking if someone would condone this from their son)?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back