• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Pac-12 Scheduling Agreement + Nebraska in 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

peder

Red Shirt
10 Year Member
I know that the Pac-12/B1G scheduling alliance doesn't begin officially until 2017, but since Nebraska has an open date yet for 2014, I wanted to see if maybe we could sneak in a home and away with a Pac-12 team for '14/'15. Our current non-con slate for those years:

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/big-ten/nebraska-cornhuskers.php

Does anyone here think Nebraska might try to add a Pac-12 team for 2014/15? To do so would mean playing two BCS teams in '14 and two in '15 + BYU. Additionally, we'd likely have to cancel the game against Southern Miss or South Alabama in '15, likely resulting in a payout. I'm not sure those are significant barriers to scheduling a weaker Pac-12 team. In fact, we might have an easier schedule by removing Southern Miss in '15 and playing a bottom-rung Pac-12 team.

Well, 2015 appears to be full with what you have posted above. So no on 2015. With FSU and Miami for 2014 I would say no unless it would be a team like Wazzou. However, I would still say no because Leach is there now and I don't think that's a game NU will be interested in with the other 2 semi big games that year.

Can't see it happening. I see no reason the current strategy (1 BCS, 1 so-so, 2 patsies) won't continue. Scheduling this way maximizes home games and money matters.

I'll say no in 2014, unless a lower level Pac12 team wants to travel to Nebraska for a 1 and done. That's not going to happen.

But I do see Colorado has an open date on 09/06/2014. I think that would be a great game for the Buffs to come to Lincoln for a non-conference game. As strange as it may seem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back