• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

OWH-Lee Barfknecht: No timetable for Huskers to sign recruits

GoBigfRed

Varsity
20 Year Member
Couple of good articles in the OWH this morning from Barfy! A couple of nuggets below.

http://www.omaha.com/article/201204...001#no-timetable-for-huskers-to-sign-recruits

LINCOLN — Tim Miles tends to go through life as if his hair were on fire, but rushing to sign recruits when the spring letter-of-intent period begins Wednesday is one area the new Nebraska men's basketball coach will approach cautiously.
Yes, he has offered scholarships. No, there won't be a line at the fax machine when the sun comes up.
<!-- Zedo tag: end [ C:"bigred_" S:"300xAny-1" ] -->
"I have no timeline of when we'll have signings," Miles said Tuesday while balancing two cell phones and a planner. "There is nothing imminent with anybody.

"We'll have some guys in unofficially this weekend. And we're working on an official visit. We're going to need some guys. So I would expect to put two or three guys in play by the time we get to August."

One offer has gone to former Omaha Central guard Deverell Biggs, who on Wednesday was named a first-team All-American by the National Junior College Athletic Association for his play at Seward County (Kan.) Community College.

Further into the article.

Also, Miles is still considering whether to keep junior forward-center Fahro Alihodzic, who signed last November.

The 6-foot-10, 235-pounder has been training in the Canary Islands since his junior college team, Southeastern (Iowa) CC, was disbanded in December after 10 players were involved in a campus bookstore incident. Alihodzic was one of the 10.

"I'm in communication with his overseas coach," Miles said. "We want to make sure it's right for (Alihodzic) and us.

"If it doesn't match up, I understand, though his size and skill level are appealing."

Rest of the article in link above.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back