• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Overthinking Overtime

cbssports.com

AAL overtime rules:

To help keep games within a two-and-a-half hour time slot, there will be one overtime session. Each team will start an offensive possession from the 10-yard line, and just like in regulation, two-point conversions are required. Games can end in a tie after the overtime period.

Each team gets one shot to go 10 yards and score a TD. If keeping game time to a minimum, why bother? Leave it as a tie and leave it alone. Article didn't mention OT rules during playoffs. If you're going to have OT, I think it's short sighted to have different rules for playoffs than you do for regular season. K.I.S.S.

for regular season i'd rather they just played 3 on 3 until someone scores. i'm guessing it would take less time than the drawn out shootout.
I'd be fine with that, too. I also like how the Olympics allows 2-line passing. I didn't grow up playing hockey, so I'm a bloody radical.

How about having the starting FG kicker from each team line up and see how many passes they can get in the giant Dr Pepper can in 60 seconds?
I like where you're going with this, but I think that I can improve upon your idea. I want to see the starting kickers take turns kicking footballs into each other's bodies until one or the other forfeits. That relates to my new campaign and marketing strategy:
"Make Football Kickers Tough Again"
upload_2019-2-14_14-33-55.png

I like where you're going with this, but I think that I can improve upon your idea. I want to see the starting kickers take turns kicking footballs into each other's bodies until one or the other forfeits. That relates to my new campaign and marketing strategy:
View attachment 20733
I was thinking they could line up 15 yds from each other and play red rover. Which ever team gets the most guys through wins. If it’s a tie then they move to a tackle version of duck-duck-goose

How about no kicks on PAT and move the ball back an extra yard after each scored touchdown. The first PAT try is easy at the one. But after the fourth or fifth you start struggling. Ties become much less likely to happen.

Last edited:
View attachment 20733
Sans cups. :thumbsup:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back