• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Oversigning offenders won't be curbed by NCAA's toothless rule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
SEC step on up to the podium....this stuff turns my stomach.....long article worth a read....if you wonder why the SEC wins as much as they do....just start here....

The rule isn't worth the paper on which it's printed, and everyone in college football knows it.

The NCAA rule was sponsored by the SEC, home to some of the nation's most notorious oversigners. The SEC passed its own rule in 2009, and that rule was in place last year when Auburn signed 32 players and LSU signed 29.

More than likely, some signees will be told this summer that there isn't a scholarship for them

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...es/01/24/oversigning/index.html#ixzz1C4HkUM3p

The usual suspects are at it again this year....Arky is after Jackson a Husker recruit hard yet has oversigned big time already....some kid will lose a scholarship this summer because of this....

As they point out in the article its a big competitive advantage to teams (SEC) who do this....

Last edited:
Saban seems to be doing it right.(Makes me cringe to say that) Be up front with the kids then let them decide if they want to compete for that scholarship year in and year out.

We get the same advantages with our walkon program, although if the walkons work their way on to the two deep, that doesn't guarantee they'll get a scholarship, so in a way, Saban's way is better as it rewards effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back